Starting on Thursday, July 1, California's gas tax goes up.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Meezer_Man, Jun 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,594
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    "I kind of already thought it went into effect, I didn't know it was going to get that much worse,” said Orange County resident Justin Brown.

This automatic increase is due to Senate Bill 1 that was signed into law in 2017 and incrementally raises the fuel excise tax each year to help fund road and bridge repairs. It is an overall 51.1 cents per gallon making California's total state taxes and other charges on gasoline the highest in the country.

=^..^=

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. 5spot

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,139
    What’s the old time saying we have in CA…..”Californians never saw a bond measure or tax increase they didn’t like”.

I’m not that old, and recall all the highway taxes and bond measures voted in over the years. Where did the money go? I guess it goes into the general fund where anybody can get there hands on it.

REALISTICALLY…..I don’t know without doing the historical research of years past.

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,740
    Several years ago there was a tax imposed on CA consumers that was to accumulate 50B over 10 years for "infrastructure." Some bright Harvard mind started asking questions and found out that the state idiots couldn't only not locate the funds, but they couldn't verify what they were used for.

I'm thinking alot of politicians' Hampton summer homes were paid off with that money.