State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,552
    I'm too new here to be getting in on this stuff, but I can't help it.

With respect to all, why don't we just quit dancing around the issue. It's kind of twisted how most of this can be boiled down into one thing - people can't let go.

The election is over. Hillary was not victorious. People are still crying, people are still suicidal and people are still hanging off the bridge threatening to jump - including Hillary.

Under Trump, the freebies and lack of accountability are (hopefully) coming to a grinding halt. I get it. I can see why so many people are upset. He's going to make capable people get off their asses and work for freebie program monies. For so long, so many have become accustomed to hiding out and taking all for nothing that it has become a way of life for them - because we allowed it to occur. And now that those days are seemingly coming to a close, people are going out of their minds because they know that in order to make it, they're going to have to get off the couch to collect those checks that were made possible by all those politicians that gladly took (special interest and otherwise) monies for themselves. So no more free ciggys, no more free phones and Internet, no more using your welfare monies to buy pot from your neighborhood weed dealer, and no more free "40's"on the federal dime.

People hate Trump because he's got money - lots of it. He doesn't need any more and that causes pure hate and discontent for those that aren't wealthy like he is. He and his family are secure for dozens of lifetimes over if he wants to pass it off to all of them. I'm okay with the fact that he's wealthy. I'm not wealthy myself, but I harbor no bitterness towards him for having cash in his pocket.

People hate Trump because he says what's on his mind - maybe sometimes without thinking, I agree - but he says it and doesn't worry about who gets their sensibilities offended. I like that. Too many people claim to be offended and mentally scarred these days for reasons and excuses that have no bearing on anything other than the simple fact that we screwed up and allowed them to behave that way. I don't think there are enough cozy blankets and hot chocolate (with marshmallows) out there to help these folks through this devastating time in their lives. Bummer.

For too long we've allowed this country to fester into the infectious boil its become. It's past time to pop it and and start a healthy diet of penicillin in repair. I began working a part-time job at 14. The week after I graduated high school I took full-time employment - at 17. I haven't stopped once. No lags in between jobs. No summers at the beach because I was too lazy. I dispelled the notion of laziness and found a way to make it work - even for the four years straight when I was in school, living eight people in a two bedroom apartment and pounding Top Ramen, saltine crackers and the occasional treat of a steamed vegetable for every meal.

It's time my tax monies went to those that deserve it - first to all the military veterans that have so willingly sacrificed themselves and secured our continued freedom. Next to our elders that worked their backsides off and put so much of their own money into the Social Security system only to see their own monthly checks dwindle because of entitlement program freebies and lazy money given to those that can't see clear enough to get a job and stop being part of the problem. My parents got royally hosed by SSI when they were at retirement age, so they never retired. Never again.

So it's wake-up time folks. The coffee is on. Get showered, brush your teeth and get to work. Do your part to become part of the solution. Don't sit at home and continue to be part of the problem. It's not your right to be here, it's a privilege to be here. I'm begging those that hate the US, flip-off and burn her flag and yet still participate in freebie programs that use my tax monies, please leave this soil and go somewhere else, much like Rosie O'Donnell claimed she was going to do if Trump won - even though she swore he wouldn't.. Rosie said, "I don't want to be part of a nation that has Trump for a President. If he wins, I'm leaving the country." She said that publicly. And Trump was elected President. But she never packed her bags as she so publicly boasted and threatened. She still hides out and lives in the US. Surprised? Of course not.

No need for me to keep replying in this thread. There it is. It's simply my personal take on how things are going and why. Right or not, it's how I feel after I look at all the evidence that's out there. The beauty of this is that we are all entitled to our own opinions. This one is simply mine. Grateful for the space. Creek

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,586
    Couldn’t read all that...but I don’t like trump because I don’t think he’s the man for the job...where is all this free stuff I keep hearing about...I work for my money and I don’t like trump...

3. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    People did not want a Bush or Clinton in Office.

4. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    What other choice was there? A write in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    Robbie, he was Not my first choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    good question who is going to run in 2020

7. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,552
    I have a question for anyone that finds it worthy of responding to..

Why do we allow Hollywood actors, singers, professional athletes, television and agenda-laden media to influence our political and personal decisions? At what point did we become incapable of making our own decisions?

At one point were any of those people asked what their thoughts on our political/personal matters were? How many of you have fallen into the trap of believing that you are "besties" with some well-known Hollywood actor or actress, and found yourself so caught up in believing them for gospel that you voted a particular way just because that person did it - or said he/she did?"

I've never understood the "sheep mentality" that most people seem to have. Do we really care what Rosie or Joy or Whoopi tell us about how we should feel about anything? Just asking.

#167 Creek, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +496

Um............a bunch of people just voted in a TV star. He is now your president. I think you were talking about the so called Hollywood left but to me it seems like the folks who voted for Trump are the sheep in this case.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +496
    Does Trump get credit for the huge dip in the stock market today? Nah......its Obama's fault. Must be that "deep state" again.

10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,552
    That pretty much what I thought.

11. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    Hollywood actors, Ronald Regan and Donald Trump. Regan was a governor in California back in the 60's.

12. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,586
    That’s why I come in here from time to time..because a lot of people believe everything they see on tv and apply it to a whole group of people...Hollywood influencing my vote? Hahaha...all I want is free stuff? Hahha...I’m sad cause Hillary lost?hahha...seems like lots of people are influenced by the media..

13. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    Ok, this is going to be long and I'm not putting down JFK. If I had known this I would of still voted for him if I could of at that time.
    What if he was in office now in the 21st century and this came out. What other past presidents have things that we don't know about and what about future candidates if they wish to run?
    So here it goes, let the arrows fall where they may towards me.

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-48-54-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-49-01-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-49-08-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-49-19-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-49-28-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-49-52-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-00-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-08-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-17-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-23-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-33-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-50-52-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-02-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-09-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-16-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-26-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-32-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-05-13-51-38-1.png

14. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    When our niece turned 18 she was going to vote for John Kerry, I believe that was who was running it was awhile back. Anyway she voted for him. Why? Because he had a pretty wife. Good of a reason as any I guess.

15. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    The lesser of two evils. IMHO

16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,552
    So you all know, I wasn't looking for a backroom brawl with saying any of that. I'm just throwing stuff around to see if there are like-minded folks out there. I wasn't being a wise-*** or anything by saying all that. I was just saying.

Trump. Businessman first, reality TV star second. I can proudly say that I didn't vote for Trump, the TV star. I voted for the candidate that I felt would be in the best position to back-up his or her word, had a clue about where to drive the country, and wasn't going to be swayed by self-serving politicians. Who better to choose than someone who wasn't a career politician. And I loved the thought of draining the swamp of the old, typical politicians that obviously aren't in it to better the country. In fact, I was hoping to see a lot of these clowns go just because Trump was in charge. That's one way to drain it !

Anybody hear that story on the NFL guy that was killed by the dude that had been drinking, driving a vehicle without a license and fleeing the scene of an injury accident, and had already been deported twice? I wonder how he kept getting back in. Gotta keep my ear to the ground on that one.

17. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,394
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Good leadership at the presidential level? Since when? Garfield? You mention your daughter within 20 feet of a president? I can tell you the two presidents I would NEVER want my daughter around, ever.. JFK and slick Willie..

18. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +496
    What happens when the Trump economy starts to dip? The main reason for a lot of the praise he is getting. Who does he blame next? The end is near for Trump. The house and maybe the senate will flip in November. I am so ready to get him out of my life.

What a joke..........

19. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,552
    I buy that. Impressionable kids. "He's hot, I'm voting for him." "What policies does he stand for that youre in favor of?" "What? I don't know. I just think he's hot." "Good. Check this box right here."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    Agreed, we have to vote for who WE think will be best. It doesn't matter if it's Republican Party, Democratic Party, Green Party, or Libertarian Party. Who ever is elected we can only hope that he or she will do what's best for the country. But me not liking Obama or some not liking Trump, we have to just put on.our big boy pants and stick with it and vote.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List