Support your local tackle shop

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by lakejenningspark, Dec 4, 2011.

1. lakejenningspark

lakejenningspark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All: Most of you know that Anglers Edge closed. Some of the other owners have said that times are really tough. These guys need your support. While I sell a small selection of tackle I would rather you support them. Remember too that the guys that work in the shops are not getting rich. They do it because they love talking fishing and get their gear at a discount. Since they are talking to people who have been fishing they get the lowdown and what, where, and when... Yeah you may pay a tiny bit more but you'll won't be sold the wrong stuff.

2. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    San Diego anglers have it GOOD when it comes to availability of fishing tackle. There are some really great shops in town. It sucks when the only place to buy fishing tackle is a big sporting goods store or Bass Pro Shops, trust me, I live in such a place now. I'd LOVE to have a Fisherman's Outpost or Anglers Choice right down the street again.

3. Moose

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +106
    Agree 100%

4. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    I agree fully! So much in fact that I spent the rest of me paycheck at lakeside bt! Great service and great owners. Diane? i think was her name and her son (it was my first time going in there since AE closed) were very welcoming and informative. Stay local baby! Anyone know about the new shop (east conty BT) thats gonna open up where anglers edge used to be?

5. agrazela

agrazela Unstable Subgenius
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,107
    Name:
    Andrew
    Boat:
    SeaHunt172CC Opti125
    I've become a fan of Angler's Arsenal:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.anglersarsenal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.anglersarsenal.com/</a>

6. duff75

duff75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would recommed fish'n marine center just behind cafe 67. they are a great staff tons of knowledge and very friendly, If I was in san diego thats where I would go for my tackle. they support many organizations including the bass council, hall of champions. two of them are local guys and two are ex navy. they have all the stuff you need have good prices. they even have live bait. you should stop by and check them out!

7. genensandee

genensandee Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Anglers edge has changed ownership it is now being run by the guys from Dana Landing. I believe the grand opening is scheduled for Feb. but they are open now.
    It is still in the process of being set up but it should be nice when it is finished.
    I agree completely that we should all spend our funds locally vs going online and sending our money to the big box stores.

8. duff75

duff75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Gene arent you the one running it? well must have been a different Geen I met there!

9. genensandee

genensandee Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No I am I have been at dana for 6 years they sent me out to work at this location.
    They are still getting everything together and worked out it is a process.
    gene

10. Austin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +222
    Boat:
    yes
    I would have to recommend Lakeside Bait & Tackle. Wonderful shop with a good selection and great customer service. Whether your fishing for trout, trying to catch that big bass our going for saltwater game Lakeside Bait & Tackle has something for all bodies of water.

11. Cumura

Cumura Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those who don't know there's a brand new tackle shop down street from where anglers edge use to be it has all the tackle and live bait you need it's run by Buff sorry couldn't remember his and his son is always on this site great guy...

12. indymusky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +659
    his names andy, i didnt hear about that def a good guy i need to check that out.

13. duff75

duff75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Buff93 is andy. and that is fish'n marine center! stop in and see what they have looked great before I deployed!

14. Shakey

Shakey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I shopped there recently. He bought Anglers Edge entire inventory when they closed. He's still setting up everything.

15. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    All we have is Dick's and Sports Authority in Escondido far as I know. Never been to Dick's. Turners and Walmart is close by. We had a local tack shop. It closed about4 years ago. Went inside a couple of times and it was just for the salt water angler.

16. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    What's with the ****? It is the name of the tackle store.

17. 93Buff

93Buff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hey Guys/Gals,

For those of you who don't already know, it's true, Kelly Salmans and I have opened up a new boat/tackle store in Lakeside, Fish'n Marine Center (FMC). We sell new/used/consignment boats, service all makes and models of outboards/inboard-outboards, both fresh water and salt water. We can do just about anything, carpet, fiberglass, electronics, trolling motors, trailers, rigging, detailing, etc... All of our customer's boats are stored inside our insured/alarmed building...

Along with the boat side of our business, we have over 3000sqft of tackle. Yes, we did buy Angler's Edge's inventory and we have added a substantial amount to it and more is coming in daily. And if there is something you need that we don't have, we will get if for you. We also have live bait (shiners, worms, crawdads).

And last, but not least, the "Live Well" lounge is now in place. Please feel free to stop in anytime to hang out. Bring your lunch, your laptop (free wireless), play some cards, tell fish stories, take in an episode of your favorite fishing show on The World Fishing Network on our 60" flat-screen, etc... Also, if you need a place for group or club meetings, hit us up, we'll make it happen as we have a lot of room to accommodate large groups. We will also be holding many seminars throughout the year, stay tuned...

We are located at: 12365 Mapleview Street, Lakeside CA 92040. 619-443-2100 We are between the Cafe 67 and the old AIM Marine building. Current winter hours: Monday: 5:00am-6:00pm, Tues-Wed: 7:00am-6:00pm, Thurs-Sat: 5:00am-6:00pm, closed Sundays (for the time being). All that being said, Kelly and I both live very close so if you need something before or after hours or need to drop off/pick up your boat outside of normal business hours, just give us a call and we'll make arrangements to help you out.

So please stop by to check it out/say hello. We have over 17,000sqft of all things boating and fishing and a lot of local knowledge to help you out.

And don't be fooled, me and the boys are still finding time to sneak out and do some fishing, just haven't had the time to post lately.

Hope to see you all soon. Happy Holidays from Fish'n Marine Center!!! -Andy

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

fishing.jpg

18. tomegun

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +133
    I was there saturday. Very nice setup.

19. vince

vince Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Congrats on the new shop. And i can't stress the "talk to the guys in the shop" asspect that was mentioned. I have my shop on speed dial #9. I call these guys and ask all kinds of stuff. Like whats the atomic weight of Cobalt? You'd be surprised. I call and ask whats up on the way to the lake every time i hit it up. I'll tell you what it saves time trying to figure out things like color, size, weight....... And it's 27 thanks Chuck

20. indymusky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +659
    hey andy i sent you and kelly a opening up gift that will arrive on monday to give you a heads up