Sweetwater and Loveland

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Everydog, May 17, 2020.

1. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    These people at the Sweetwater Authority Board meetings say the pledge of allegiance before every meeting. All the while they go about trying to stifle the Fishing and Access Easement rights of the people who actually are represented by the symbol of that flag in the pledge. The shortchanging of the fishing program, is all business ethics , and no allegiance at all. They got the 1500 acres and the water monopoly , that's what they care about , making working their gains as free of trouble from their obligations to the public as possible.

If they have any allegiance to this country that fishing program should be blown wide open from the dismal thing that it is now.

#61 Everydog, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    O.k. I got confirmation that on July 22nd the board did promote putting the lake schedule, on the agenda for the September 2 Operations committee meeting. The July 22 board meeting was the first I had not listened in on so I missed it.

I wrote them:

Good Day, Mr. xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for this fieed back. I am sorry I missed the announcement earlier. This is sounds like good news.
    Please continue to keep me in the loop on progress on this issue.

Regards,

Everydog

3. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    At this point I feel it is best to emphasize that the lake should be open sunrise to sunset year round. Getting back to normal schedule is important , but having that lake open until sunset instead of 6:00 in the summer and even in the early spring , would be a great change. The Easement seems to guarantee sunrise to sunset and as many times as I claimed it the SWA has never had a defense so it seems so. Most other lakes have that or better.

As always, opinions may be voiced here.

Sweetwater Authority, CA ,or at the board and operation meetings. I will link the next meetings soon.

4. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    Due to some correspondence from the General Manager and her assistant, I will not be participating in board meetings this week. I have been told that the issue of the lake being closed during easement protected days and hours is being worked on and will be addressed via a memo 72 hours prior to the next operations meeting on Sept 2. For now , what I need to say has apparently been heard.

Sunrise to sunset is what I believe it should be , seven days a week minus a few holidays.
    I would think if it was closing early during the summer, for anything other than the convenience of the Sweet Water Authority, I would have been told by now, but I really don't know.

5. fishnfreak

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,763
    go fish sweetwater its open, the fish are biting.

6. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    I have the Memo. The Sweetwater Authority made up all kinds of exxagerations and excuses to keep loveland on a 3 day schedule vs seven days a week from the U.S Easement . In that memo the claim the USDA department of Forestry had given them complete free reign to dow as they wish. This is the Same Dept of Forestry that a few months ago claimed they had no authority what-so-ever. Nothing I can do if this is true until the Government guy decides who he works for.

I am trying to help him decide to be on our side, or at least tell me when the Sweetwater Authority will no longer get this blessing to cheat us.

Dear Mr. USDA Guy,

A few months back you agreed that your department has guidance powers towards the Sweetwater Authority's operation of Loveland Reservoir. They are now quoting this deference to them to justify running the lake program pretty much anyway they want during this coronavirus situation for as long as they determine the current coronavirus situtation and full fishing program when combined , somehow constitute an emergency .

I would like to know how you are impacting this situation currently? The Sweetwater Authority is using all kinds of exaggerations and manipulation to justify keeping the lake excessively closed. They are also unfairly justifying permanently closing the lake well before sunset and sometimes after sunrise , depending on the season, for their own convenience at much disadvantage to the public. These are arguments, that in a fair debate, can be overcome. I can show for instance that it cost roughly the same for the Sweetwater authority to close the fishing program an extra 4 days a week as it does to open it. I can show that SWA reasons are really excuses. From this, one can easily conclude that since it costs the same to close the program as open it, Sweetwater management and staff prefer closed with very little to no concern for the public's interests or rights which are protected in the easement. I can show that concerns for trash and other infractions the SWA is claiming are largely manufactured. In fact, the SWA went on a mission to build this case from the day Loveland Reservoir re-opened. Anyone who has been to lake as often as I have, can observe from my neighborhood as I can , basically has "boots on the ground" knows what is happening in this regard.

The current memo for the September 2, 2020 SWA Operations Meeting, which I have attached , shows reference to USDA Authority in the favor of the Sweetwater Authority. It also shows what I know to be manipulations for the convenience of Sweetwater Authority staff pure and simple. However no amount of reason can prevail with the power of the U.S government bolstering the false narrarative the Sweetwater Authority is pushing.

Time is of the essence. The Sweetwater Authority will march ahead full steam with the intention to officially minimize the fishing program against the good of the public with this September 3 , Operations Committee meeting. If the SWA can ride on USDA blessings to limit access, I would like to know how long that blessing is likely to stay in place for.

Please advise,

Thank you,
    Everydog

7. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    Unfortunately, ca doesn’t care for fishing (for the most part) and its a shame all these “fisherman” who claim to love the sport, vote people in that don’t or could care less and think fish feel pain anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    This is a Federal Government Guy , Camo. Probably taking marching orders from people up above him who are guided by people who contribute funds to Juan Vargas , Like the SWA for instance. It's more about corporations are (favored) people.

BTW, I tried to get Joel Anderson's help and Carl Demaio too ( he said he was on it) , nothing at all.

#68 Everydog, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  9. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    That’s a shame

10. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’d follow up with Anderson more than those others. Too bad about hunter. I’ve dealt with him on things and he would fight

11. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’m on the east end of Japatul. In the 51st district right next to 50th. Is Loveland in the 51st? Too bad we don’t have hildalgo

12. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    Well , I am on the Jamul side definitely Vargas' district. I was thinking that it mattered where I live, not where the lake is. Brian Jones is good too , but as with Anderson they probably can't really contest federal issues. Other than that Easement through the U.S government we have nothing. Well , the fish belong to us as Californians.

13. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    Jamul side. ***** trail is your easement! Lol

14. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    That would be ****** trail! Lol

15. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    Damn! Haha

16. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    The Jamul side is locals only anyway. I would never drive around that far if I lived on that side.. if I was in Jamul for the 35years I’ve lived here, I’d probably have a stone path to the water by now

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586
    That's how I know that they spend nearly as much money keeping people out as they do letting us fish. We have a camera monitoring boat trips. These guys are about control and just making things convenient to the Stinking Authority.

Funny thing is they skip just as many boat trips when the lake as open as when it's closed.

18. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    Wow, great recon. Creating an algorithm I see. Lol. I’d straight Rambo that place.

19. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,586

They are trying to buy a large lot on this side that gives them easement access to Jamul . So , they can spend more money out here chasing locals and claim they need to save money locking the parking lot some more.

20. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,022
    Boat:
    It floats
    Sounds like another Morena in the works as far as money being wasted.