Take Me to The River

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Tony Vegas, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Tony Vegas

Tony Vegas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    Went back to the Mission Valley River pond behind Best Buy again today from 8:30am to about 1pm. The carp are spawning up in the thick hydrilla making all kinds of splashes and topwater noises. And for about 20 mins I was working a Jackall Grinch up in it, but after seeing a few tails breaching the surface I knew what was going on. The clarity of the water is less than last time, only about a foot and less in other spots. The hydrilla is coming back thick as can be and I honestly think this pond is going to be kinda over grown in most of it. Some of it is still left over from last year and is all dead with algae growing on it. I junk fished today again trying to get something going but in reality it just confused me more. I got 3 fish and lost another. Nothing was the same, all the fish and the lost one all came on different presentations. First one was on a Dropshot with a tiny fluke. Second was on a wacky rig Green Pumpkin Senko, Third and biggest of the day came on the Green Pumpkin Chatterbait with a zako threaded on. The one I lost was on a 3XD. Simple shad pattern. Couldnt get anything on the Underspin but I had a couple of nibbles. Water was glass and then the wind picked up around 10 am giving me a nice drift down the river. No big fish or any discernible pattern to give up but it was a nice day out on the water. EDIT At the very end of the day as I was packing up I got checked by the wardens. Like first for me anywhere. Figured I'd post up my rig I fish outta, see what you guys think of it good, bad, and hopefully funny. Hope you guys are getting out there and getting some fish! Tight lines everybody!
    IMG_2316.jpeg IMG_2317.jpeg IMG_2319.jpeg

#1 Tony Vegas, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,850
    Tony....way to get out there and get some!
    Good report and fun to read. Reports keeps this SDFish site alive and its
    always fun to check out the pics. Heck.......that is the whole point of being on this site...
    ...to fish, have fun and share the experience. Thanks for taking the time to
    share with us.
    Always look forward to your posts! :)
    Tight lines

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Tony Vegas

Tony Vegas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836
    Name:
    Tony Vegas