thanks again sharon

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by SDBASSRATT, Dec 7, 2008.

1. SDBASSRATT

SDBASSRATT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Boat:
    SKEETER
    Now the info. Starting up the hill to fish the WON event at El Cap with my partner (Renee) behind me in her truck. As soon as I got to the top of the hill I hear a very loud BANG and see smoke pouring out of one of my trailer tires. I stop, run back and to my horror I find that the main leaf had snaped. Knowing that there were alot of trucks pulling boats behind me, I jump back in my truck and try to get over as far as I can. Tire not turning. This day is starting out fun. To who drove by with their SMART *** remarks, all I have to say is KARMA. I did not see them snice it was dark and I was under my trailer trying to figure out a way to fix a unfixable problem. After 30 min or so under the trailer, and over an hour of starting and stoping and jacking, I reach the booth were Sharon is working. When she see's me limping around the last corner she knows something is wrong. Snice I was'nt in the big group of trucks and boats. I saw her at 7-11 a couple of hours before. She was the first one to ask if I needed anything. Even a rental boat if needed and bucket for livewell. I did laugh at that one. Jumping in Renee's truck I fly down to the ramp to see John C. I find out we go out 10th (yeah right) tell him not to wait. Back at my truck it's light out now, use'n only- 1 cycle tiedown strap,some zip ties,some thick wire,some rope and some old spring loaded transom tie downs and another half hour under the trailer. Were off to the boat ramp. Another half hour we are almost there. Passing John C. he says we can still fish. Boat is in water 7:45 am. Fishing until 2:00pm we had 2:45 weigh-in. I think. Trying to fish all day and think about how I'm going to get boat back home, NOT FUN. We got a few shorts, no keepers. I have to say I'm very lucky to have Renee as my partner this year she helped me under the trailer then fished her *** OFF. Major PROPS go out to Cris from ACE TOWING who got my boat back home. And of course to SHARON of the lake staff for every thing before and after the tournament. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TODD HARDY
    Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,987
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Know this situation all too well. Snapped a leaf earlier this year. Clamped it back together with c-clamps and limped it home. (only half mile)

Tip: replace both since they are probably both corroded.

3. SDBASSRATT

SDBASSRATT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Boat:
    SKEETER
    where did you get your spring's from ?? thanks t.h.

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,987
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Aros trailer in El Cajon. It has joined with John Deere. You can also order them online, just Google Aros Trailer.

5. SDBASSRATT

SDBASSRATT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Boat:
    SKEETER

6. findingnico

findingnico Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    damm thats a hell of a day im surprised you still went out fishing.

7. SDBASSRATT

SDBASSRATT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Boat:
    SKEETER
    never give up