Thanks Peta for supporting this website!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jenx, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,475
    I don't know if it's new, or if I have just never noticed them before, but today I saw three different Peta ads on this websites. I love that Peta is helping generate ad revenue for a website that not only condones shoving sharp objects into the mouths of Sea Kittens, but also teaches people how to accomplish that task more effectively ( are all fish called Sea Kittens, or are there Fresh-water-kittens as well? I never got the handbook guide to stupidity).

Kellen , I'm not as website savvy as some (most), but does clicking on the Peta links add more money into your pockets? (click - click -click- click) I get some perverse pleasure in knowing that Peta is helping pay for this site, even if it's only a coupe of pennies (click - click -click- click), but please let me know if clicking their links (click - click -click- click) doesn't actually help at all, so I can mercifully stop visiting their website (click - click -click- click).

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    Yes, ad clicks are the #1 source of revenue for sdfish.com. But Google (whose ad network we use) has very sophisticated and effective methods to prevent abuse of ad clicks. So repeatedly clicking on the same ad isn't likely to generate any $ for us, or cost the advertiser in the end.

But absolutely, clicking on ads that interest you is VERY MUCH appreciated, and like I said - the #1 source of revenue that keeps this site ticking.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,475
    Thanks Kellen. I will give my much abused finger a rest. I'm sure Google has flagged me for over clicking by now. Hopefully I got a little more leeway considering I spread it across three different ads. As for the rest of you, if you haven't already clicked on one of the PETA ads, do it!

Even peanut butter and jelly agrees there is no better combination than supporting this site, and giving Peta the middle finger at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Congrats, Google has now probably noticed your new interest in animal rights via tracking cookies and now no matter what website you go on, the ads will all have something to do with stopping those crazy fishermen from giving free piercings to the sea kittens (as well as freshwater reservoir kittens).

5. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,475
    Haha. True, but I have a pretty strong ad blocker on my computer. With most sites I don't even see any ads. The only reason I see any here is because this site required me to disable it. There are very few site I would go back to that require ad blocker to be removed.

6. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    geofish I see you liking my posts at 3:30am... You better be going fishing! Back to studying...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,639
    The grind is too real...thank god class isn't till 9!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    I haven't seen any PETA ads here. Maybe I have to Google them elsewhere for them to show up here.

9. oh da shiz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,882
    Boat:
    Ranger Z21
    You can call it big brother watching your ever click online.

Companies use what's called "Target Niche Marketing" to try and entice you to purchase an item online. For example, if you search "Shimano Tranx" using any web browser search engine and click onto a recommended site. The next time you're on a webpage that offers pay-per-click advertising you'll see something related to a Shimano product.

Companies will also just want to advertise on a site that shows traffic based on their target market as well.

Moral of the story, be careful of what you search for online especially if you share a computer with someone else in your home or work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  10. agrazela

agrazela Unstable Subgenius
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,107
    Name:
    Andrew
    Boat:
    SeaHunt172CC Opti125
    Yeah. She might find out what you paid for your Tranx!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. oh da shiz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,882
    Boat:
    Ranger Z21
    Very true.... Then it ends up costing double since you gotta buy her something close to the same value! Vicious circle, ugh.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Bobber

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,568
    Well, heck. I can visit a site or two a day from here. Some pretty good stuff shows up. It's the least I can do to support a site I spend time on. Thanks for the info. Now if I can resist buying when I get there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List