The Future of Barrett

Discussion in 'Barrett Reports' started by TommyP, Oct 15, 2021.

1. TommyP

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +434
    Hey Junkies,
    Had a great 1 hour meeting with 2 officials from the City concerning many issues I(we) have with the city lakes. As this is the Barrett forum I will only talk about my concerns with Barrett. I was told that the user fees will go up(as with all other City Lakes). Increases have not been set yet(as discussions are still going on) and the final decision will not go to Council until January 2022. I was not surprised by this. As you know Barrett(and all the lakes) opperate on a cost neutral basis. My question was well I hope we are getting new motors. It was agreed that the ones there are on their LAST legs. As far as getting back to the normal lake schedule of not being closed one day a month, that will not happen anytime soon(a issue I will not forget about). This is just a small portion of the issues we talked about, but I thinks the most important ones. If anyone wants more detail please pm me and I will be glad to discuss. I(we) just need to stay on top of things as they develop.

TommyP

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. Big C

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +859
    Thanks for your efforts with the city Tommy. I just hope they keep the boat rentals going.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Thanks for the update Tommy.