The Midway, no skunk

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Vito1023, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,169
    Well I had to do some honey do's, it was around 10:00 and I was close by downtown so I decide to hit the Midway again seeing I had some luck there last time out and and si sports reports have continued to be good so I brought the wrong rod as when I got there I had a rod that was set up with a snap so that I could fish some cranks and such but I wanted to get fishing as I didn't have much time to kill so I had a owner 3/8 jig with a zoom fluke jr in bad shad and I was runner no it with the hook exposed as I have been trying that out lately to see if I can get hooked up easier, anyway about 5 casts in I hook up with a spotties and it was nice one maybe over 12" no picture because as I tried getting down closer to water to release hm and he gets off, it was getting near low tide and it was troublesome trying to get down there I slipped and he came off, I then hooked up with 2 others after a cast or 2 didn't stick but for a few seconds, I then moved Dow a little closer to the front of the Midway for 1/2 hour for nothing I start to walk back to my other area and I put on a 3" pink paddle tail and I do what I call shore trolling, I don't know if it is a real technique but what I do is I cast out as far as I can and I then walk at a slow enough pace to get my lure swimming as I walk ( shore tolling ) I had to bites but they didn't stick, overall I had 5 good bites in about hour and a half the tide was low and the wind started to pick up so I left feeling pretty good, thanks for turning me on to that spot aquaman.

Things I found interesting
    I have always wondered if swimbaits would work with a snap and they do I would not have
    guessed that.
    I learned that shore trolling does work as I have caught fish doing it at fiesta island doing it.
    I also saw a spot that some guy was fishing that I'm going to try soon right near by.
    It strange catching fish while hearing Bob Hopes voice in the back ground.

#1 Vito1023, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,557
    Good job, glad you found some fish....Nice Report Too......Did you have to pay for parking that time of the day?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,033
    Dayuum straight!

4. aquaman10293

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,676

5. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,169
    I have a disability card because of a bad leg so, no I didn't have to pay but otherwise you would have to pay.

6. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,720
    Smelling good Vito!! Glad you got the skunk off!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. RomanCastro

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,324
    Name:
    Roman Castro Vlogs
    Great report Vito. Add "shore trolling" to the SDFish vernacular. :emoji_thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. lone_wolf

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,457
    Thats rite vito, get’em!! Always apreciate the updates, and your tenacity encourages me to give it the ol home team effort to get out. Keep em coming!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. RDozer

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,431
    Shore trolling! I do that in the surf when u have a heavy enough outward current to keep your bait out there and any other direction of swell. Keep your rod up, line tight and follow it.

Shore trolling sounds more politically correct than beach trolling

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List