The Truth is coming out... slowly!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Most of us are going to get this virus. The lockdowns were never meant to prevent widespread infection. It was meant to space them out!

Notice the net number of infections is the same. Estimations that may or may not be true.
    Coronavirus_flattening_curve_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaS2U6a3zMw

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,865
    That is what they have said all along. Slow the curve so sick people can get treated.

Had nothing been done hospitals woul not be able to keep up leading to more deaths.

Have you not listened to what the POTUS, VP, Dr Fauci and Dr Birx have been saying.

#2 spideyjg, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,144
    old news. Remember the first time you heard the phrase "flatten the curve?" What did you think it meant? This information has been out for months....because a different bunch of eggheads published a new model doesn't mean the truth is coming out slowly. No doubt the folks who made this graph will make another one in a few weeks or months, and it'll be slightly different. So I guess when that happens, this one will be a lie...or not true?
    Math makes my head hurt. Does anyone know where I can get one of those "Science is Bad" tee-shirts?

#3 carpkiller, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,036
    :emoji_joy::emoji_joy: Keep it coming !

5. Mike M

Mike M Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +431
    Name:
    Mike Mendez
    And all this time I thought flattening the curve was referring to flattening the logarithmic plot of total cases over time. Now I see the total number of people that will be infected is independent of social distancing, PPE and cleaning. I think I'm getting sick...

6. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,144
    Aww, you had me going for a minute there. for the kids out there, there's a lot of satire happening here. really good satire, but perhaps too hip for the room.

"Public health officials are encouraging Americans to practice social distancing in an attempt to “flatten the curve.” The curve represents the number of people who contract COVID–19 over a period of time. The U.S. health care system has a fixed capacity, so a flatter curve ensures that the demand for health care does not exceed its supply."

Dated March 16th. https://thehill.com/changing-americ...at-does-it-mean-to-flatten-the-curve-and-does

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that source, a buncha commie policy wonks. (Only being semi-sarcastic)
    https://cnnphilippines.com/videos/2020/4/13/What-does--flatten-the-curve--mean-.html
    is from a couple weeks back, CNN.

Look, if you don't bother to check any sources besides the one that you agree with (and sometimes follow blindly) a person could end up posting something silly.

Oh, wait. This is The Lounge. My bad....

#6 carpkiller, Apr 27, 2020
  7. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    That was the narrative! But to hear people talk this lockdown is to keep people well. Now we know that MANY have already had this thing! Hospitals are now furloughing healthcare workers; not enough patients! Some Hospitals actually closing down.
    Yeah, I have been listening, but I did not stop listening! The new part is this whole lockdown has been for naught and needs to be shucked ASAP! Back to what has worked for centuries, Protect the vulnerable and quaranteen the sick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,036
    This entire thing is a clown show. Nobody says a thing about the common strain of influenza that whacks 20-30K per year. We dont mask-up and social distance when its flu season do we? Apparently, masking up is just something we will now do during election years.

Forcing people to wear masks.. such BS. If people are so scared to death that they want to wear a mask and saran wrap themselves full time, then they should by all means do it. But dont go making me wear a mask because the morons of the world are running around screaming that were all going to die. I'm more than happy to sign a waiver or whatever. Being forced to wear a mask is a joke. This is nothing moer than a political show designed to manipulate the debates and subsequent election. I see Uncle Joe has been sequestered.. probably best that he doesnt open his mouth publicly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    Have you wished you could just remove a post??? Lol

10. Fishin_Buddy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +525
  11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    No, my mistake was thinking people would do more than look at the picture. The link at the bottom is the meat. The Spike in that imaginary graph scared people to death. Most did not bother to look at the duration and number of cases of the lower curve. Bottom line, this thing will run it's course. It will be much like the Flu in lethality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,865
    The scientist have said...Oh wait never mind. Science =bad

13. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,144
    C'mon, man. Your title was the truth is coming out slowly. No, wait what I meant was nobody looked at the graphs that came out weeks ago. And now it's let's just protect the vulnerable and quarantine the sick (which is exactly what's being done). Me? I like turtles. And I'm not backing off that statement.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,144
    C'mon, man. Your title was the truth is coming out slowly. No, wait what I meant was nobody looked at the graphs that came out weeks ago. And now it's let's just protect the vulnerable and quarantine the sick (which is exactly what's being done). Me? I like turtles. And I'm not backing off that statement.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +52,336
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    carpkiller .. I like turtles too, especially softshells, remove the head and plastron, scoop out the guts and scrape the meat off the plastron. Scrub those nasty nails of all the dirt and whatnot, or trim them off (cut well into the foot if you do) if you want.. scrape the carapace clean after you scoop out the guts and set aside. Pick a whole grain, a green vegetable, a white vegetable, a root vegetable and some garlic if you like... Toss the meat in the pan with a little oil, nice and hot, immediately add the grain and veggies, garlic last as you brown them, be generous with the salt and pepper at this stage.. add stock, or water once you get even browning, bring to a boil and then put it on low for a couple hours, stirring no more than a few times an hour... Just saying

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,407
    It is not what we have been doing. We have placed everyone on house arrest. The vulnerable should protect themselves. It should be a personal choice.

18. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,407
    What science? This whole shut down was based on flawed models that didn't take the actual number of infected into account. The numbers used to make the policies that are destroying our economy for possibly decades to come were based on the death rate of those that got really sick. They were not testing asymptomatic or mild cases which are the majority. The actual science being done is by those trying to find a treatment or a vaccine and those studying the actual mortality rate to determine the actions we take moving forward. The rest is all speculation and political/media driven hype.

19. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,694
    Unfortunately we live in a society now that demands we protect others over the needs of ourselves. To restrain ourselves so as to lessen the risk of others, as opposed to those who are the more vulnerable lessening their own risk. Its all about taking the burden off of those whose burden is not for sharing in the first place. I've got family that is in outright personal bubble mode through all of this *because* it is their place to reduce their own risk. Hell, they probably actually had it, given the symptoms and timing of their hospitalization before this all went down.

20. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Ain't a new graph... old graph. Are we still in danger of the ominous "SPIKE"! If not, let us out!