The Wall and The Liars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Creek, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    The Wall.. ICE and BP agents agree - its a necessary tool in the prevention of illegal crossings and human trafficking. It also thwarts its share of drug smuggling. But like the Left says.. I guess we could just live with the kind of fence that is erected at the Arizona/Mexico border - five-foot tall willow and sage branches with three strands of barbed wire wrapped around them. Nice. Dems seem to think that kind of fence would suffice - and cost next to nothing ! Hire some slugs for minimum wage to walk around the desert, pick up a bunch of five-foot tall sticks and bring them to a drop-off point. Then buy a few spools of barbed wire, a few pairs of leather gloves and a pair of bolt cutters. Then hire the same slugs to stretch the wire from stick to stick. And for those of you interested of making some decent money, you can get hired by human traffickers to be the guy on the US side that in the dead of night meets the smugglers at the fence. And your one job is to grab the bottom of the stick, lift up from the bottom, and let the illegal aliens (immigrants, sorry) walk under to freedom within the Promised Land. Great gig. So do the deed, Mr. President ! Declare and Build !! I'm 110% about National Security. Spend whatever you have to spend in order to help our BP and ICE agents do the job they're hired to do.

Uh oh... just learning that another illegal alien has died in the arms of federal agents. Never mind that he died from cirrhosis of the liver and CHF. But I'm sure that wont matter as BP and ICE are the ones that killed him.. intentionally, no doubt.

Or if you aren't into walls, you could add yourself to a litany of famous and not-so-famous people that have HOAXED their way into the media spotlight by creating false stories of assault - only to have their stories trashed after investigation. Looks like we may very well have another of those hoaxes in our midst.

Enter Jussie Smollett.. Trump hater du jour. Poor kid. He didn't mean to be an azzhat.. he's just upset that he's being written-out of the daytime soap he stars in (eliminated as of this morning per Fox). Poor Hollywood folks. Must be tough on them.. be nationally recognized one day, then all of a sudden sitting in the unemployment line the next. Insert sad face of choice here..:emoji_frowning2::emoji_disappointed::emoji_cry:

What I really think is awesome is listening to all of the Dems, Trump haters, left media outlets and personalities cry that everything is Trumps fault. But you know what? I agree with them on this. All of these incidents ARE Trumps fault. Had he not been elected, all of these entitled. sniveling little losers would never had to lie publicly and get caught doing it, and that's Trumps fault because he forced them to lie. Forever and beyond, their names will now be associated with the word LIAR. Friends and sponsors cutting ties left and right with these Left idiots. But I just love watching from the sidelines. I'm always amazed at the distances people will go for notoriety, a little fame and maybe even a little fortune from interviews. But poor Jussie.. now he's backpedaling (funny to watch in itself). He's hired a well-known PR firm to throw life preservers out there for him. Too late, my brother. I can only hope that he and countless others are arrested for filing a false report - a legit felony. He's now using the race card, suggesting he's had it so tough in life (being black and gay is apparently a double whammy according to him) and that's why he felt compelled to make-up his story. But he, his attorney and his PR firm are hoping/praying that you will forgive him as he promises to work harder on being the human being and "positive life-representative" that he knows he can be. "Be all you can be" Jussie ! You go, girl !

As a side note, I just got my authentic red MAGA hat in the mail. Cant wait to wear it publicly. Pure entertainment as I push my cart around the vegetable aisle.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,330
    I remember when you used to post fishing reports and not just constantly ram your right wing views down people's throats. We get it, you love Trump and all liberals are entitled sniveling crybabies desperate for media attention. Point made. Just go fishing.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • List
  3. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,794
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    This is the Lounge. It is for other-than-fishing topics! Creek is using it legitimately and effectively. Nobody is forcing anything.

4. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +493
    Creek,

Can you please show me the speech, quote, or news article you are referring too stating what you mentioned above in the first paragraph you wrote. I am searching the internet for this plan you say the democrats have for boarder security and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Please share. Below is what you wrote as a reminder:

"But like the Left says.. I guess we could just live with the kind of fence that is erected at the Arizona/Mexico border - five-foot tall willow and sage branches with three strands of barbed wire wrapped around them. Nice. Dems seem to think that kind of fence would suffice - and cost next to nothing ! Hire some slugs for minimum wage to walk around the desert, pick up a bunch of five-foot tall sticks and bring them to a drop-off point. Then buy a few spools of barbed wire, a few pairs of leather gloves and a pair of bolt cutters. Then hire the same slugs to stretch the wire from stick to stick. And for those of you interested of making some decent money, you can get hired by human traffickers to be the guy on the US side that in the dead of night meets the smugglers at the fence. And your one job is to grab the bottom of the stick, lift up from the bottom, and let the illegal aliens (immigrants, sorry) walk under to freedom within the Promised Land."

Thank you for your help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    Kam, we've fished together. You know I enjoyed having you - and anyone else that has fished with me - along with me. This forum is how people connect on matters other than fishing. There is no website rule saying you must read or participate in The Lounge. This is not a fishing topic section. No one forced you to read or reply to my comment. In your favor though, you easily could have voiced your feelings in a very negative way. Instead, you chose a higher road and made your point effectively.

Item one.. ya, you're right.. I love my President. I love saying that publicly and like any other member here, I love the fact that I'm allowed to voice that in The Lounge. I love what he's doing. And what he's doing is EXACTLY what he said he would do. Imagine that.. a President that is holding true to his word. Because of him and what he's done for this country economically, I can now retire years earlier than I had originally planned. Do you have any idea what it feels like to see your primary IRA go up $94K in a period of less than four months? (you might not yet because you're still a student. But I do). And that was just the beginning. My IRA's and 401K's have been climbing past that for the last 14 months now. I'm not even going to bother offering those numbers here because doing so will only pizz off those that chose not to secure their own future. I know.

Item two.. I'd LOVE to post a few fishing reports. Check the weather. I'm no longer 23 yrs old.. I'm getting and feeling much older now, and the cold water/outside temperature has really begun to take a toll on my body. I'm starting to lose body fat and weight - without even trying. It's part of the aging process and its beginning for me. In light of that, I've make a conscious choice to remove myself from the float tube fly fishing arena until both the weather and the water temps increase to a point where I don't have to sit in front of a fireplace all day just to feel comfortable. This translates into me not writing fishing reports because I simply haven't gone fishing. Is that an acceptable reason for me not posting fishing reports as of recent?

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    Same thought applies here. No one is forcing you to read or reply to anything in The Lounge. You made a conscious decision to read, then respond. This is easy for all of us.. if you dont like what goes on in The Lounge, then steer clear of this part of the forum. If I read something here that isn't to my taste, I move on. You can do that too !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    Crickets............

8. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,330
    I respect your conviction and your right to post here, if not the message. I'm also always down to go fishing with you or anyone else on here, regardless of political differences. As much as I agree that you are entitled to discuss politics here, I still can't help but wonder if a fishing forum is necessarily the best social media platform for it. I feel like the forum has gone downhill in the last year and I have talked to many current and former members, both in person and over the internet, that have been turned off of SDFish due to the increased number of political debates/musings/ramblings/arguments from both sides.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,668
    If there was no lounge than politics would bleed into the regular fishing section. So this way its easy to avoid or to participate in the debate.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    I love this part .."Below is what you wrote as a reminder.." Ouch !:emoji_joy:You're being meeeaan to me !! I assume you are thinking somewhat that my physical age might mean that I'm also a candidate for OBS.. which was thoughtful of you if that's where you were headed, friend. But I'm still together. Feeling fluid, not fragile.

I've emailed the buddy that sent me the email, asking its origin. Here are a couple of pictures that were attached - some of the more secure portions of The Wall there (I'm pretty sure this is New Mexico, but don't hold me to that because location wasn't mentioned). I don't believe he took any of them considering he is confined to his home on permanent medical leave. Large rocks to the face and eyes pretty much tend to end the careers of anyone in the way of them.

2.jpg 3.jpg

11. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    Those pictures show what is currently at the boarder in some areas.

Your post implied that this is what the democrats want when it comes to boarder security. I am asking you to show us a democrat stating that this is their idea of boarder security. I have read the most recent plans by both parties and this is not what is in there.

The current condition at the boarder has been that way for years (40 or so) so we could technically blame the photo's above on past administrations, and congress represented by both parties.

You stated in your opening post that this is what the democrats want for boarder security. Please show me proof that this is what their plan is.

Thank you,

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    I love this part .."Below is what you wrote as a reminder.." Ouch !:emoji_joy:You're being meeeaan to me !! I assume you are thinking somewhat that my physical age might mean that I'm also a candidate for OBS.. which was thoughtful of you if that's where you were headed, friend. But I'm still together. Feeling fluid, not fragile.

Nope, just wanted it to be clear since sometimes there are multiple posts in between. I'm a nice guy. : )

13. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    And I have no issue with any of that. The platform is here as of now, so yes the platform as it sits is apparently okay.. until such time when The Lounge is locked or removed in its entirety.

The forum itself hasnt gone downhill at all. The only thing people are crying about are the topics that occasionally come up in The Lounge. Again, everyone here has a choice.. we can read topics in The Lounge and even comment on them if we like. But I'd like to see more people accountable for themselves - in other words, dont blame anyone else because you decided to read and reply to a thread that you didn't like. Makes sense to me.

What I've noticed on this website is this.. the average user age. 14-30 seems to be the largest group. There are relatively few elders on here - over 50. I'm an elder. I think the elders' expect to have the younger generations not understand our viewpoints on matters - particularly political. As an example, look at the dude that used to be on here.. nothing but foul language aimed at everyone. The elders took it personally. I did, for sure considering I was the main target. But the younger crowd loved it when he did it - because that's how they have learned to communicate.. its acceptable for them to talk/behave that way. If I had spoken like that, I would have had a bar of soap in my mouth and sore backside from repeatedly taking my fathers' belt buckle. We called that discipline back in my day. In this day, the younger generation calls it ADW - assault with a deadly weapon - and they sue their parents for it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,410
    Doing my best to obtain the information you have requested. Just dont want you to think you're being ignored.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    Thanks Creek! Can't wait to see it.

16. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Again, this topic is clearly defined and no one is asking you to read anything here. I understand, the weather is bad and there are too few fishing reports but still this is no excuse to complain for something completely legitimate. While it is your right to express your vision about the content of the site such discussion fits much better in the General topics, doesn't it? So why don't you just move it there, perhaps because then you would lack the publicity for your political disagreement? I may disagree with Creek on certain issues but whenever I find it useful to express my thoughts I would certainly have the courage to present my arguments and defend my position openly here.
    The fact is, the leftist and Ds generally don't have the courage to dispute because their feelings and misunderstandings cannot be defended on a rational basis. This is for example why they prefer to shut down the dialog in any way they can - heckling, by hooligan actions at public meetings or by simply declaring that "there is consensus" as in the "science" for the AGW (I guess now they would consider AClimateChange to get some credibility;)) Moral cowards, that's what they are.
    Not that the Rs are correct on may topics but at least they are open for dialog and don't hide behind false pretenses so this is why I do respect them more without being one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Why don't you ask for the Ds that stated explicitly that they don't want ANY kind of wall at all? Maybe because this is much stronger statement and it is much easier to prove? Taking literally some statements and asking for exact proof is maybe looking as a good attack until you get taken to the core question: Why so many Ds pretended to be for building a wall during the Obama administration knowing that such thing ain't gonna happen and now are openly against it? Maybe because this can be excused as being part of their obstruction to the present administration which is more important for their voters than borders defense. Pity partisanship!
    Now, why don't you show us exactly what the Ds want for border security? More maps of the porous border regions, instructions how to survive in the desert and there the water is stocked, more ladders to be sent to TJ, lawyers for the "asylum" seekers, sanctuary cities, buses and financial support for the caravans, what else?
    There were almost seven years from the moment when I could just walk through the border until I prepared to cross legally and start contributing much more than what I take from day one. Show me how many of these illegals can prove the same? This country is nearly bankrupt and doesn't need more foreigners on the dole, there are already more than enough much better deserving fellow Americans, be it simply because they were born here, not to mention their past work and service.
    FYI, the vast majority of the Central and South America immigrants are simply not educated to have higher paying jobs and take much more support than they contribute in taxes even when they work and even before the chain reaction of bringing here their large families. All that D's noise about the "benefits" from the illegal immigration are pure hypocrisy.

#17 plako, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,330
    I don't particularly understand the animosity you've repeatedly displayed towards younger generations on here. I fit squarely within the 14-30 year old demographic and would hardly consider myself to fit the bill of your general depiction of the "younger crowd;" that is, a degenerate band of foul-mouthed entitled brats who sue their parents for disciplining them. I was raised by strict parents that taught me manners, and I have plenty of friends within the same age group that were as well (much more so, even). Again, the main disagreement I have with the views you post on here is not their political leanings but your narrow-minded grouping of demographics that you disagree with. Not every liberal is a "snowflake" and not every person who isn't an "elder" is entitled and disrespectful. I also am fully aware that not every conservative is a gun toting, racist, uneducated bigot like many pervasive stereotypes portray them as. A bit more respect for those in different generations, demographics, and political orientations would likely result in more thoughtful discourse than long-winded tear-downs of "azzhats."

Then again, I am a young person so what would I know, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,330
    I think that scientific evidence for climate change is about as rational as it gets, but I'm not opening that can of worms. At no point did I express that any individuals on here are wrong for their political leanings and thoughts, I only bluntly suggested that, in my opinion, a fishing forum aimed to promote collaborative discourse on fishing and fishing-related topics might not be the best place for divisive political arguments. I respect your right to disagree, as I will admit that the political forums are entertaining to read, receive a lot of traffic, and are popular for lots of members to contribute to. I'm sure lots of members enjoy posting on the political threads more than fishing. Maybe that's why I don't think I've seen any fishing reports from you on here. As for me, I'll be out tomorrow morning braving the frigid 50 degree partly-cloudy San Diego elements on my tube, likely around Coronado. If anyone would like to join PM me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Sorry, you didn't get my central point - OK to disagree, argue, and discuss here but opinions about what should this site look like belong to the General topics area.
    As for the AGW you just proved my other point - you prefer the dialog shut down with a plain declaration, if not why mention it? You just hear one side of this dispute that you have chosen to be the right one and simply ignore the abundant evidences from the other side. If you were really open minded you would certainly have no problem finding the sources. The standard practice from your chosen side is to declare all scientists from the other side as corrupted directly or indirectly by Big Oil, Koch brothers etc. while ignoring the magnitudes larger corruption at their own side, simply because most of it comes directly from the governments, the later with vested interest for gaining more power and $$ from the Paris Accord and the likes.
    As for fish reports, sorry, I'm rather a novice willing more to learn here without anything yet worthy to report. But I certainly do have huge personal experience with all kinds of socialism, from the hard-core Eastern block to the Californian. So I know better than most here to where all this leads and feel compelled to warn. I'm sorry for the youngsters here fooled by their morally corrupt IEI (intelligent yet i..iot) professors at school. Boys and girls, learn at mises.org why your future is doomed by the present direction and what could be the long-term solution. Hint, it is NOT the NWO.
    All this woudn't be complete without my hat down to your bravery.

#20 plako, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List