The Wall and The Liars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Creek, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jus bigguns

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +753
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Not quite, When will Mexico pay for the wall?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    they already have been but libs want to hang onto the money

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    hey fishingmissionbay , you're a moron. Maybe you disagree because you can't even legally vote

4. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I am doing well; work over the summer went well and school has been going smoothly. You might have seen on my other posts that I upgraded to a Fish Cat 4, which is definitely a better model than the Caddis. Although I had no problems sitting in the water with the Caddis it is nice to be elevated a bit. A lot more storage room for the hot chocolate and warm blankets as well. As aforementioned, you're more than welcome to fish with me anytime, especially. as the weather gets warmer.

5. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    I'm starting to get scared! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,395
    The only problem I have with these posts in the forum is when I first see them in the New Posts section, then start reading them and see there's 4 pages and it was just started the day before!??!??

Creek I'll need to challenge the part of Mexico paying for the wall. That part he was not able to keep.

Good luck with the MAGA hat - looking forward to some interesting stories. Will you be wearing a camera as well?

And as others have stated, this is the lounge for non fishing related topics. If someone posts stuff I don't care about, or very much disagree on, then I'll skip it. It is way better than having these topics in one of the fishing sections.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +493
    I love how all these conservative folks keeping tell us how the "dems" feel and what the "dems think. But all of it comes from conservative media and taking heads. A lot of the ideas, policies, solutions.....or whatever it is you guys say "dems" think and feel or whatever. Your just wrong it and it is just not true.

I am just saying maybe try listening to the people who are actually making policy rather then listening to the partisan media that gives you "their" opinion of these people and policies.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Creek, hopefully your buddy can back what he stated. If it was just his opinion then I don't understand how you could be so sure of how these "Dems" feel.

9. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,915
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I don't watch Fox news for their opinions...I watch it for the Dems video clips so that I see their opinions straight out of their mouths! How would we know how nutty Warren, AOC, and Bernie are without the video? CNN and MSNBC aren't going to show that embarrassing stuff!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    OAN shows it all in context

11. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,957
    Name:
    Larry M
    Just a rebuttal here.
    The left leaning media far out number the right media. Do you not believe that they aren't bias. If you take everything that they say as gospel isn't that the same? Not saying that you or others here do.
    Late night tv definitely bias.

I like your fishing reports, you have a good day also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    I really enjoyed this community for a while. But continually seeing these posts and the hate it stirs up just isn’t right (IN MY OPINION). I enjoyed adding my reports, and seeing reports before going out fishing.
    It’s time I move on from this forum, and focus on the actual sport of fishing. I’m glad politics matters so much to you guys, but it’s not really up my alley combining the two- whether you think they correlate or not.

So cheers to my last post/comment on this sight.

This is Fishingmissionbay- checking out :emoji_call_me:

PS- thanks Shorepounders for the 500 bucks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,266
    Good bye. If you can't take the heat stay out of the lounge. If you can't stand people expressing different opinions then you maybe you should stay off tge internet. Obviously you don't understand the non fishing related topics part of the lounge. Good luck in life with such a closed mind.

15. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,285
    Sounds like you need to crack a beer and wet a line...

16. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    If you were really trying to find out you would just at least check the first link at the top. But obviously you are so self-confident "know-it-all" type of person that you don't even bother to open any of the links. If you did, you would see that the first at the top is not an article but official press release from the Committee of Appropriations at the Ds controlled House of the Representatives accounting for the negotiations results. Sorry for the quotes but since you don't follow the links I'll try to import only the most important texts.
    The first paragraph reads:
    "House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Nita M. Lowey (D-NY) and House Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee Chairwoman Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA) today released a list of House Democratic proposals for smart, effective border security that Democrats will advocate for in the House-Senate Conference Committee on Homeland Security."
    The list with proposed measures follows shortly after. I'll leave the interpretations for you with the question to explain how these measures will stop a sudden flock of thousands from any "caravan" concentrated at some point. Here at SY the border wall has shown its effectiveness, tell me how without it all the measures in the quoted proposals would help to stop the thousands unknown and non-vetted, possibly carrying drugs and some with dangerous contiguous deceases from entering and dispersing among the mass population.

The official position of the Ds is also made quite clear:
    "Our proposal at conference negotiations also:

• Addresses the only real crisis at the border – which is not a border security crisis but a humanitarian one – by improving CBP’s capacity to appropriately meet the needs of migrants who are temporarily in their custody."
    Wouldn't this amount to "open-border" policy with the only condition - to be done orderly? Which in practice is done by listening the first lies of the "asylum" seekers and then releasing them with a vague promise to return to court which rarely anyone keeps. Do you really believe those Ds representatives don't know it?

Again, I absolutely don't mind let them all in after suitable background and medical checks under one only condition: I just want the payments for their support to be not mandatory stolen from my hard work but provided voluntarily from anyone willing to help them. In fact, I would help this electrical engineer from Nicaragua who was working as a tourist guide there to settle here, get job, and pay taxes to support my retirement if he wouldn't bring his large extended family and become net tax consumer. The reality is, we need much more taxpayers with positive net contributions but the "caravan" people hardly have anyone capable to be such. All they are flooding for the sweet dole on the taxpayers back. So once we get robbed by bail-outs of the banksters, guaranteed student loans, and all government largess now we are being forced in addition to support a whole new class of foreign parasites. Call me a racist if you wish but I'm much more in favor for the immigration of professionals and businessmen from most Asian countries including India but with more restriction for the family class immigration, limited to only immediate family.
    I don't think Ds position on immigration is not pretty well defined in the quoted official press release and in a number of articles from newspapers that no one could blame in right-wing bias and with journalists that are 85% registered Ds who admitted that they work more like propagandists.
    "I’m Committing Professional Suicide": CBS Star Reporter Admits "Mostly Liberal" Journalists Are Now "Political Activists"
    see
    "85% of journalists are registered Democrats," Logan said."
    and more
    "Although the media has historically always been left-leaning, we’ve abandoned our pretense — or at least the effort — to be objective, today. … We’ve become political activists, and some could argue propagandists, and there’s some merit to that."
    So why don't you show the same honesty and declare your position on immigration instead of pretending that you don't know and are still looking for facts. C'mon, no one will cause you any harm whatever your position is:) You are entitled to your opinion without having to defend it and support with facts. I may disagree but will fight for your right to say it here, that's The Lounge about, isn't it?

#76 plako, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  17. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,038
    It’s a damn shame having people who never post fish reports chase away some of the guys that always do.

18. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I think I just proved my point.

19. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Hardly so, 1-2 supporters cannot outweigh the opinion of many more what is The Lounge about. But this is your right to criticize here and not in the General topic as I have suggested earlier.

20. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,957
    Name:
    Larry M
    No need to leave, I read your fishing reports, keep posting them. I'm sure that lots of members do, no matter what side of the political side that they are on.
    The Lounge is a totally different animal.
    So just keep it separate from your fishing reports. Disagreeing with someone politically has nothing to do with fishing.
    I don't make fishing reports because I don't really fish that much anymore but I do enjoy reading other reports.
    So hang in there.