This is going to be a long 6 - 12 weeks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jimmyz123, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    Not being able to fish for about 6 to 12 weeks is going to be a long wait. With this weather being so great and me not being able to go fishing, man it's going to be stressful.

2. Bluesun

Bluesun Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man Jimmy that sucks! Hopefully it's 6 weeks and not 12!

3. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm with you on that. I'm shooting for the 6 weeks also, but we'll see that the doctor says. If I can get the O.k. to try kayaking and all by then, I'll do it and take it slow.

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    6 to 12 weeks from what? Do you have a surgery date?

5. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    My surgery date is Monday March 22 at 4:30 P.M. I cannot eat or drink anything after 12 midnight tomorrow. Surgery is at 4:30, I'm guessing 2 hours for the surgery, and maybe 2 hours post op, and then home. I'm probably not going to be eating anything until about 9 P.M. Monday night.

I'm being told that 6 to 12 weeks following the surgery I may be able to start strengthening my arm again. We'll see how the recovery goes.

6. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,113
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Jimmy, I'm glad you have health insurance... Could you imagine the scenario if you didn't? Pretty depressing... Wishin' you a speedy recovery and a quick return to the wettin' a line.

7. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    Believe me I agree with you on the insurance part. I thank you also for the well wishes. I'll be back out there with you all soon.

8. Finadic

Finadic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Maybe,you can be a "PhotoDog" on some ride's in the meantime.
    Best Wish's,Get well soon!

9. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    That's not a bad idea Finadic, I'm a great photographer. Just getting out on the water might be nice.

10. Roy Justice

Roy Justice Original Member
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Silly Rabbit
    begin strengthening does not mean paddling a kayak. After 6 weeks of immobilization just flexing and extending your arm will be a chore.

btw I recently spent a week in the hospital after having emergency surgery to excise and debride a super infection which left me with a 4 inch deep 11 inch long crater that has not healed completely yet. I had IV antibiotics for 6 days and twice daily dressing changes. It has been six weeks today and I did not have health insurnace and my bill is over $50,000.
    I just recently began walking again and missed my daughters graduation from nursing school. I haven't been able to work or do much more than lay around trying to keep from messing it up.

Be careful and remember you have plenty of life left, you can give up a little time to heal right.

11. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    Roy you are correct, I will not be paddling the kayak around unitl I get the O.K. from the doctor. I am taking your advice and moving forward and am going to listen and do as the doctors say so that I do not have to have any corrections done because I was too stupid to listen. No, I want this to be a one time operation.

12. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Don't worry, Jimmy, now that Obamacare has passed you will heal twice as fast! That man is a miracle worker!

13. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    He's a jerk if you ask me. I don't like how he carries himself around, holding his nose up high and thinking he's better than everyone else. How he was able to convince those Pro Life Christians to turn from their beliefs and vote with him I'll never know. Man he sure stinks of the devil.

14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Jimmyz123 wrote:
    How he was able to convince those Pro Life Christians to turn from their beliefs and vote with him I'll never know. Man he sure stinks of the devil.[/quote]

Repubs were all "no". Do you know any pro life dems? Obama promised that no $$$ would go to abortion. Yeah, right!

15. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    Repubs were all "no". Do you know any pro life dems? Obama promised that no $$$ would go to abortion. Yeah, right![/quote]

I don't know the Pro dems, but yesterday at my church our pastor was speaking of a few that were Pro supporters that were being pushed to vote for the bill. We prayed that they would be strong and not give in, but, they did.

This bill is going to hurt the country more than help it.

16. pistolpete

pistolpete Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why i don't go to church. I'd worry that my pastor would spout political opinions under the guise that it has something to do with Christianity. I'm curious how this bill has anything to do with financing abortion. Based on everything I've read, this appears to be just yet another red herring issue, with zero basis in fact.

17. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +128
    well after this weekend 'm thinking of checking out Shadow Mountain church. Not because of the political issues but of other reasons.

Anyway, I had my surgery and all went well. I have a half cast on and go for my follow up in 10 days.

18. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    pistolpete wrote:

This is why i don't go to church. I'd worry that my pastor would spout political opinions under the guise that it has something to do with Christianity. I'm curious how this bill has anything to do with financing abortion. Based on everything I've read, this appears to be just yet another red herring issue, with zero basis in fact.[/quote]

Like the Bible does not speak to any of this, IT DOES! But preachers are just supposed to keep their mouths shut and offer only platitudes. This country was built on the "spoutings" of preachers who were not afraid to speak the truth.

PP, can you really see a woman being rejected by this plan who "needs" as abortion? Come on, get real!

19. Roy Justice

Roy Justice Original Member
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Jimmy , we need to use half casts or posterior splints, more appropriately, post op for two reasons, One they will need to look at the wound before they put a permanent cast or brace on plus plaster splints soaks up blood, and you can get swelling around the elbow, swelling in a cast is not a good thing. Hope you heal well, I'm sure you'll be good as new real soon.

20. pistolpete

pistolpete Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes, from the bill:

"(C) PROHIBITION ON FEDERAL FUNDS
    FOR ABORTION SERVICES IN COMMUNITY
    HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION.
    (i) DETERMINATION BY SECRETARY. The Secretary may not determine, in accordance with subparagraph (A)(ii), that the community health insurance option established under section 1323 shall provide coverage of services described in subparagraph B(i) {Abortions for which Federal Funding is Prohibited} as part of benefits for the plan year unless the Secretary (I) assures compliance with the requirements of paragraph (2); (II) assures, in accordance with applicable provisions of generally accepted accounting requirements, circulars on funds management of the Office of Management and Budget, and guidance on accounting of the Government Accountability Office, that no Federal funds are used for such coverage;"

In other words, the federal government (and those who receive funds from the federal government) can not use funds under the Health Care Bill to fund abortions.