tired of fishing alone

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by mellowguy17, Jul 21, 2010.

1. mellowguy17

mellowguy17 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello my name is Craig I'm 17 but turning 18 in august 4. Let me start this off, My friends don't like fishing and also my cousins. I'm tired of them complaining that "oh fishing is boring and time consuming". I'm like it's boring because you never even try hard enough to catch a single fish and that's why you easily get bored. I tried everything in my power to make them like fishing but no luck,. My dad goes fishing but he only catches sardines at imperial beach pier, he thinks fishing for sardine is fun and I'm like "those are bait fish you are eating, are you a yellow tail?" lol dad come on. so when ever i go with him to IB i usually use the sardines to catch me some Short Fin Corvina, Sculpin and halibut. But i prefer using plastics, big hammer and war baits all day haha. I caught a bunch last summer but this year, the water has been cold and that's why the bite has shut down. I just fish for fun and when ever I'm bored. I used to pin head on the San Diego and catch a yellow or 2 on the plug every time i go out. I fish every day and i end up catching decent amounts, thanks to uni butter! the spots i go to and fish are either at Embarcadero for some sandies, ferry landing at night drop shotting flukes for bass, the docks at quivira to catch me some huge spotties, and imperial beach pier to catch me some threshers and bsp. but personally i like fishing near structures. I was wondering if i can fish with you guys some day. I don't care if we are fishing from a boat, from shore, or pier. I just need fishing buddies. thank you for taking your time to read this Tight Lines, Craig

2. PhoDuhNguyen

PhoDuhNguyen Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey man, i usually fish the piers, oceanside oceanbeach embarcadero, but im starting to like carlsbad lagoon fishing. let me know the next time youre out

-ben

3. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm planning to take the trolley to get to Embarcadero tomorrow and fish. there's been nice a lot of sandies mixed in.

4. PhoDuhNguyen

PhoDuhNguyen Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn. I'm working all night tomorrow. But I'll probably make my way down to Embarcadero on Saturday night.

5. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    either at Embarcadero or the secret spot at imperial beach river mouth. idk yet haha but i can't wait till the water warms up and the bait fish start to move in at ob pier. I hooked a nice white sea bass last year when the bonito started to boil like crazy near the cafe on a purple mega bait. I brought it up to the surface and It looked like a solid 20 pounder. I had no gaff so it spit the hook. I was heated lol oh well next time.

6. Mistofer

Mistofer Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PM me sometime...give me a day or two's notice and we can link up. Solo trips are fun, but it's always good to fish with someone else...good way to learn etc. catch you later, goodluck next time you're out.

7. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks bro take it easy

8. Spongey600

Spongey600 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    which docks in Quivira you talking about? i have tubed the basin 2 times and had no luck around the dock! dont know if i am doing something wrong or using wrong bait. and i new to fishing in SD so i could be convinced to come fish with ya too. just PM me, i dont get off work till 5pm mon-fri

9. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
  10. Spongey600

Spongey600 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i will be fishing there on tuesday evening

11. Surfisher

Surfisher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm new to the forum, But I often surf fish at TP state beach. Im 16 and I would enjoy fishing with someone around my age group such as yourself.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want someone to fish with at TP.

12. OWNING

OWNING Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a good spot. A few weeks ago I was fishing in my tube about 30 yards away from that spot and pulled up this toad.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56 ... CN0136.jpg

Put up a pretty good fight too. It literally turned my entire tube when it made a run back towards the docks, I had to kick my fins to counter it.

maybe I'll see you out there sometime

13. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the site and same here. I usually go fishing at IB pier and i catch decent amounts of yellowfin croaker and barred sand perch all on kalin green motor oil grub. i never fished torry pines but i want to though. soon when i get my drivers license i'll probably see you there haha.

14. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    that's a nice float tube you got there and also a nice catch. where did you get your float tube? cause i'm thinking about getting one for the bay haha

15. OWNING

OWNING Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine on ebay. I've been tubing for about 4-5 months now, its a lot of fun. Theres days I'd rather take out my tube instead of my skiff

16. dan_gler

dan_gler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't have a boat but I do rent skiffs and would be up to split them with you if you want. I also fw fish and have a tube. Been looking to get offshore too on a part boat this year but haven't yet. Most of my friends are not big fans of fishing.

Always up to fishing with new ppl. PM me if you want to go out.

17. Drtysouthfshn

Drtysouthfshn Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I just moved here from ATL a month ago and I have been fishing the OB pier probably at least 3 nights a week. I want to venture more into offshore and try to get a boat eventually but the funding is non existent right now. Im trying to find a job so I dont have a CA license yet, but until I get one I am always down to fish any pier anytime. Hit me up!

18. mellowguy17

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to SD brutha i usually fish imperial beach pier. when a lot of bait fish move into OB pier that's the time i go over there. there's a lot of bonito, bass, white sea bass and so on.