TP 2018-07-13 a.m.

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by fliesbath, Jul 13, 2018.

1. fliesbath

fliesbath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204
    I finally did not get skunked at Torrey Pines! Caught one small YFC in a pretty big hole at low tide just south of the bridge. I'm not good at finding holes but you couldn't miss this one. Another guy got a nice halibut from the same spot fishing with me.

Right as I was walking down to the spot some guy was dragging up a monster shovel nosed guitar fish to his car. This thing was huge. Other than that, all the other couple of dozen guys were catching nothing but a few tiny croakers like me, but patiently waiting for the tide to come in. I did see a corbina swim right by my feet but couldn't catch it and had to head off to work. On the way back to my car I stole a still alive stingray from a seagull and put it in the cooler for future shark bait. The kids were pretty excited to seem me bring that home so it was a successful trip overall.

The seaweed was manageable but could have been better.

Good luck guys...

2. tjthegreat1

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +664
    Lol, like stealing a stingray from a seagull. I think I may have a new phrase to use.

3. LHawes

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +526
    Nice report but couple of dozen guys? Really?

4. fliesbath

fliesbath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Maybe slight exaggeration, but it was definitely a couple dozen rods. Most of the activity was just south of the south parking lot right where the cliffs start. But there were three guys near the bridge and then at least a handful at flat rock. There was plenty of room to fish as you get close to flat rock, and lots of room between the cliffs and the bridge.

5. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Name:
    Kyle
    Seems like the number of people fishing there has been going up over the past few days.