TP 8/3

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by maraxus, Aug 3, 2021.

1. maraxus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +222
    After reading reports about the salad clearing up, decided to go for an evening session to TP. Water was pretty cold and seaweed was pretty minimal. Tried variety of lures, small metal jigs, swim baits, LC, etc for about two hours. I was just about to give up and conclude that it is another skunk session and I got a hit. It took quite a bit of line which got me excited about the possibility of a monster halibut. After a few minutes of struggle, I managed to land it but it was no halibut unfortunately. It was a decent sized guitarfish which was foul hooked. I tried to measure it but had trouble keeping it straight, on the few times I was able to get a reading, it looked like in the 40 inch range. My foot is size 10 and the lure on the fish is 4 inches for reference. After taking a few photos, I released it and packed up. Guitarfish1.jpg Guitarfish2.jpg

2. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,217
    Big wiggles

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. YNW_FISHY

YNW_FISHY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Name:
    YNWGEEZY
    Huge Halibut!

Aww its just a shovel :(

4. maraxus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +222
    Tell me about it, my disappointment was immeasurable once I saw the fish. At least it was not a ray, trying to land and unhook it would have been a lot more challenging

5. perch killer

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,856
    Looks like a good 4 ' +. Got one about a month ago, about same size; I had the same disappointment after seeing it wasn't a hali.