Trailer into Barrett

Discussion in 'Barrett Lake' started by fishboy92, May 10, 2022.

1. fishboy92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,163
    I've fished Barrett a few times from my tube and of course boat rental if lucky. Anyways I got a few Barrett tickets for this season and was wondering if anyone has trailered there yaks into Barrett before? I know the roads are alittle tight and narrow but Id love to take my hobie ai in for a change. Any tips and pointers would be appreciated thanks. I'd just hate to be that guy who takes up a bunch of space or lagging with the launch.

2. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,747
    I did it last year a couple of times. It was no problem at all, but I showed up around noon. I parked where I could and used the kayak cart to get the kayak from there to the water (downhill). By the time I was done fishing I was able to take the trailer down closer to the launching spot to retrieve it.

I wouldn't think of trying to do it during morning rush hour and try to get close in, but then again, I don't have much patience for crowds either.

3. Oscar-Mike

Oscar-Mike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Boat:
    Jackson
    We trailer two yaks down to the boathouse, then unload the yaks and roll them to the water. TIP: Because it's too tight to turn the vehicle around with the trailer still hitched, when you're ready to turn around and go park, UNHITCH the trailer and turn it around, then turn your vehicle around, then re-hitch the trailer and head back up the hill.

-Tight lines.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • List
  4. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,916
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’ve seen bass boats on the lake(off season), sure you could. Depending on how and where you park, you may want to unhook your trailer and park it next to your vehicle