Trump caves!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by scisports, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,365
    Its not even so much that for BP and ICE.. its more of Congress saying "Yes, fund and hire them" then closing the big oak door and saying, "But funding and hiring more works against our agenda of getting everyone in we can, so dont hire more." Every illegal immigrant that makes it in will eventually turn into a Democratic vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    There is money for agents. Trump won’t spend it because it will diffuse his “emergency”.

So my question is this ...
    What is the plan for the billions which have already been appropriated from the past administration, for HSA to accommodate a variety of measures, including agent hiring, physical repairs and replacement, and tech advances? This has been acknowledged by both parties but may also play into another reason the Dems are leery of passing billions to the current administration.

Funds are already there but are not being spent on their intended purpose...

#122 Chriwilson, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,823
    Name:
    Larry M
    This is just what I heard. Some immigrants that come here from the south and become very successful become conservative because they want to keep more of what they have.
    One of my neighbors was one of them. He has a very successful landscaping business, he buys new trucks every few years and all of his employees wear uniforms. He came here legally, that's what he tells me and only has an elementary school education from Mexico.
    "The funds are there and not being spent for their intended purpose."
    Sounds like California. LOL
    Federal and state governments have always robbed Peter to pay Paul.
    All parties do it, it's not exclusive to any one party in particular.

4. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    ^^^
    Very True - Tobacco tax for example ...

5. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,823
    Name:
    Larry M
    Government has never seen a tax that they didn't like. LOL

6. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    Even the inheritance death tax =^..^=

7. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    Just to make sure you don’t take any with you ...

8. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9

Besides air everything is taxed. =^..^=

9. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,234
    I just have one question if just hiring more agents will solve the problem then why is CBP calling for the wall?

10. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    It won’t. Just as a wall won’t solve the “emergency” either. A situation of this magnitude requires a multi-themed solution. Kindly reread what you’ve quoted and see that I’m inquiring of roughly 3.2B which has already been appropriated to support a variety of measures to impede and deter which remains unallocated and thereby unspent.

CBP is not calling for the wall to be their end-state solution. They are including this as a comprehensive approach.

11. Fishnagent

Fishnagent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206
    Boat:
    fish cat
    Chriwilson, do you think the "wall" might be as much about making a statement that says "you cant just walk right in" as it is about actually not letting people walk right in? In my opinion more agents that need to be nice or they get sued is just pushing farther toward the insanity of people breaking the law having more rights than the BP agents.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,365
    Trump agenda..
    1) Wall
    2) Uphold current federal immigration law (laws that somehow just kinda' accidentally went by the wayside over the last ten years or so).
    3) More agents to cover more acreage.
    4) More security technology.

Dems won't be signing off on anything because they can't politically afford to give him the wall. Getting the wall means Trump fulfilled his campaigns' biggest selling point. And if he gets it, he will own 2020. Since there's no way Pelosi and her puppets will be giving him the wall, we can only hope that (intelligent) Americans still possess a modicum of common sense and are able to see through all the games currently being played. It's not that Dems don't want some type of barrier.. they do...It's just that Dems don't want Trump to get some type of barrier. Trump 2020.

They seem to agree though that a barrier of some type - chain link most likely - you know, like the fence that surrounds your backyard - might be okay because it's easy to cut holes through.. after all, we want to make the playing field fair to federal criminals looking to enter illegally. Don't wanna be sued for making it too difficult for the coyotes, drug runners and sex traffickers. That just wouldn't be fair.

13. Fishnagent

Ratings:
    +206
    Boat:
    fish cat
    On a side note, I love Mexico and have many Hispanic clients. Booth of my kids have been in dual language immersion programs so they have as much of a head start I can give them in our diverse region. Just throwing that out there.

14. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,365
    Or that fantastic 12 cents per gallon CA gas tax slated for infrastructure repair that was to rake-in 50B over ten years. CA lawmakers were asked where they money went. They're still not sure how to respond to that question. I guess we'll just let it go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,365
    And that's totally a great example of moving in a positive direction. We should all pay attention to what is often the simplest of things turning into the greatest of things.

16. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    The point I was raising this morning is centered on your items #3 and 4 above. I rarely if ever, have heard him address any counter measures other than the wall. So by that account he views the wall as symbolic to his monument first. I am curious to read how he will attempt to correlate the wall’s would be effect on preventing the Arizona Cucumber event.

As for your chain link comment above please provide a link ? I’m curious to read up on it...

(See what I did there?)...

#136 Chriwilson, Jan 31, 2019
  17. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,205
    Fishnagent
    I find the wall as a stand-alone solution a futile attempt and merely serves as an obstacle at best. Bear in mind that those that emplaced the big beautiful walls over the past few decades thought that was a great solution as well.

Today, it will be obsolete before they ever finish construction. A wall will not prevent humans from traversing unless you have armed sentrys that send rounds down range...

Step up to the 21st century and use the wall as a channel to divert in conjunction with seismic and thermal sensing technology. For crying out loud pay Elon to drop off a satellite for continual monitoring. It’ll be cheaper than the $25B wall and more effective.

18. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,984
    His flunkies keep trying to spin it that way but Trump just has a wall fetish.

Now if the gang of 17 comes out with a "Comprehensive Border Security" plan that covers tunnel detection, enhancing the checkpoints drug and smuggling detection abilities, drones, remote cameras, packs of drug sniffing dogs, improved communication for CBP in remote areas, and yes the appropriate barriers where called for, now we are talking a real plan.

But Noooooooooooooo! Trump just goes wallwallwallwallwallwall

Repubs had the same inability to come across as embracing all options when it came to energy independence. Remember Drill baby drill! Hey what about wind and solar, well OK all of the above but drill baby drill.

#138 spideyjg, Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Fishnagent

Ratings:
    +206
    Boat:
    fish cat
    Could not agree more, why would we only have a wall? Not at all what I was asking, we need a comprehensive approach. However we also need to make a different statement on how people thousands of miles away percieve our boarder. Should it seem porous and friendly with lawyers ready to help? Or difficult but not impossible to legally cross with a clear and well defined path to citizenship for those properly vetted?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,365
    Not sure I can find a link for anything to do with the chain link comment. I heard it on Fox, but I'm not sure if it was simple commentary or something like a Senator saying it. It was days ago, and I was up to my nutz in paperwork. I just remember laughing hysterically. I liked it, so I added it here. If I had to guess (I hate guessing), I'd venture to say it was Pelosi or Schumer that had said chain link would suffice.