Trump Wins Again!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,335
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    News!!! NFL rules against National Anthem Protests!

I will take a wait-and-see attitude whether Professional football is worth my time. Did not watch it last year.

2. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,517
    That's as exciting as hearing they haven't culled any fish out of Barrett.. ha!

3. Capt Ray

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Name:
    Ray
    I gave up on professional sports a long time ago...they get paid some of the highest salaries in the nation to play a SPORT and then have the balls to strike, complain, act like thugs, etc. Man their perspective needs to be re-calibrated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,509
    It still rather watch a bassmasters rerun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    I can't respond because the article was too blurry.

6. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    OK Robbie, I Googled this story and I believe that it's totally different.
    The German football team wasn't protesting Nazi Germany, the French team wouldn't play if they gave the salute. The German football team was made up from the German Youth Core who got a deferment from the military if they played football. Thus the team was totally owned by the Nazi Government so they had do as the government said.
    President Trump put out his thoughts on the subject of kneeling and made suggestions unlike the Germans who owned the team outright.
    President Trump didn't band anyone from playing football.
    Nice try.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,217
    Meh. Still not gonna watch. I'll stick to baseball. Much more gentlemanly sport at any rate.

8. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +249
    I am sorry but I disagree with all on this post. Trump is stating that those that don’t stand should not play or lose their jobs. He recently stated they should leave the country. I will always stand and pay my respects at a public event when the anthem is being played. But if you are a true patriot, you are a defender of our bill of rights and the first amendment. Right or wrong we all have the opportunity to take a stand and demonstrate if we feel something is not right. These players were protesting police brutality and equality in our country. People did not like the way they protested and that is fine too. But they have a right to do it and that is what makes America great. Our president is wrong on this one.

One other note. The NFL gets paid millions of dollars every year by the military and all of our armed services to advertise a positive message about our branches of service. The fact that the NFL pushes patriotism while taking money to do so needs to be considered. They are not doing this out of love for our troops. They are doing it to make money. The whole “salute to service” campaign is paid for by our military to advertise using the NFL’s platform.

Think about that. Why isn’t Trump coming down on the NFL for that........

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    So President Trump doesn't have the frist amendment right of free speech?
    These are his views, he can talk about it all day and the football players will still play ball. If they are fined so what, they can still play. If they really feel that strongly about what they are protesting why not kneel during the whole game.
    All of this is President Trump's fault.
    We had eight years under President Obama what changes did he make.
    Oh yeah, he got the Nobel Peace Award in his frist year for what?

#9 Larry M, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,902
    The Pres is absolutely right... and I LOVE IT. I'll explain why below.

You always pay your respects. Thats awesome. So do I. I'm so "into it" that anytime I'm out fishing at Spanish or Glorietta and the Anthem starts coming from the Navy base speakers, I stop fishing, remove my hat and participate in honoring our country, our freedoms and our military that secures those freedoms. And to know that these same idiots who sport the US flag on both their uniform tops and their helmets cant see it in their best interest to do the same, flames me beyond words. I'd just as soon see the NFL become a thing of the past. I hope viewership drops so much that their lifestyles are forced to change to match yours and mine.

As a thought, does it not bother you that these very entertainers idolized so heavily by our children have been provided a never-ending forum full of free airtime (most likely because it attracts viewership and makes money for the media) in which to complain and cry the blues? Why doesn't the average citizen get that kind of attention to voice their issues? Players could have chosen ANY other forum to vent their frustrations - off camera. Instead they chose to mark their territory live on-camera. Clowns. Attention seekers. Solidarity... right. They knew exactly what they were doing. And we allow that to happen without batting an eyelash. In my eyes, we're more the problem than the players are.

It's kinda silly really. The players.. no, not players.. entertainers.. these guys are paid an obscene amount of money to dance (?), instigate, taunt and perform other mindless tricks all designed to show superiority and to get the camera in their faces. Why? Because we love it and watch with fascination. Facetime equals fame and lots mo' money. They know it, we know it, and we stand by and watch as our kids practice the same dumb taunts, same dumb end zone dances, and tend to follow the same lines that these guys draw in the sand.

The NFL. Like any other business, they're in business to do one thing.. make lots of money. And I strongly agree..the NFL shows no love to anyone - not just our troops. Any commercials or insinuations that the NFL "loves" the military are a joke. But they do love the military dollar just as much they do the civilian dollar. It all folds neatly into their pockets no matter its origin. Feed the animals, please. And we do.

The President is doing exactly what he said he would, and more. He's trying to make this country GREAT again, as promised. And he's doing it despite all of the constant media pressure and negativity. His word and his not being a politician is exactly why I voted for him. No games, no BS. What he did prior to coming into power is meaningless to me. Anything prior to him taking office is his and his family's business alone. And the media is going out of their minds spending millions in efforts to dream-up and dredge-up skeletons of his past. I love it. But when you've got nothing else, you start slumming.

I hope the NFL fails and falls apart at the seams. I hope people start finding respect again. I hope people start communicating once again. I hope our military once again gains the super-power superiority it once had. And I hope Trump walks away from this position having accomplished everything he set out to do and more. That's why he was voted for so heavily. He's not a game player. Only politicians are good at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    This was written May 2017.
    I find it interesting that all of the knee takers for injustice have this problem.
    Where is the outcry except that it's President Trump's fault.
    When I was working at an electrical substation on Camp Pendleton and we would hear the Anthem being played in the morning, some of us were vets and if we were in a safe place, no dangerous electricity near us, we would stand and face the music. Hard hats still on for safety reasons.

Screenshot_2018-05-26-15-22-08-1.png

12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,902
    Well of course they have this problem ! They've been "unfairly targeted" - pick any reason beyond that. Blame everyone else but themselves. It's easier.

13. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    If you're going to be a victim it's nice to be a wealthy victim .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    Morning Robbie,
    Good for the teacher explaining why the student just sat there. JW people have a long list of things that they do differently. I believe that he didn’t do it out of protest, just not one of the many things that they don't observe like birthdays, etc.
    You might find this interesting:

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-10-22.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-10-40-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-03-53.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-04-22-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-04-35-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-04-44-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-04-54-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-05-02-1.png

#14 Larry M, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  15. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    Not reading someone's political views is like being an ostrich with it's head in the sand, this is how we might learn something that we didn't know.
    So should we not read other people's talking points because we disagree with them? I believe not.
    Some people's post are so anti President Trump, should we not read them?
    If we did that then the only people reading them would be the people with the same mind set. IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    Snopes, a fact checking site said his kneeling during the Anthem was false.
    Like anything posted here you see what you want to see. Tebow wasn't protesting anything, if that's the way that you see it, so be it. One was kneeling in prayer giving thanks, IMO. The other in protest of his country.
    Are there injustice, yes but there are lots of injustices to go around.

17. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    So what I take from this is that Creek's views are just as extreme as the Kkk?

18. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,826
    One thing you left out about the opportunity to take a stand is that they are doing so during the broadcast of a production- while wearing the uniform provided to them by their employers. Kind of like if a crane operator decided to hang a poster of his dislike of something political on the crane he operates. Or a server at Starbucks wears a button or a banner that states their political beliefs - or even religious beliefs. Do you think they should be allowed to do that without any consequence by their employers?

19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,263
    Name:
    Larry M
    He didn’t take a knee during the Anthem to protest abortions. Which was one of your points!

20. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,793
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Yeah, one was in between plays, and the latter was during the anthem. Apples to oranges.