Tube propulsion

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by fisheromen, Feb 11, 2014.

1. bluegill_guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +103
    I read a review or comment somewhere that the floatpower doesn't hold a very large battery, resulting in up to only about 2 hours of off-and-on run-time on a 30# motor. Is that right, and does your experience bear that out? What is the biggest battery it will hold?

Thanks!

2. dfishin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +251
    I use a 24 size battery, not sure if it will fit a 27. But I run it a lot at Barrett sun up to sun down and have my fish finder hooked up too and have never run out of power. I use an old 30# TM. I'm sure the newer models use even less battery.

3. zman

zman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as far as some of the newer lithium drills out there, they can handle constant usage. Research youtube and you will find demonstrations of people using drills to make holes in wood , nonstop, until the power runs out. That's putting the drill under load to drill through wood. I wouldn't see why running your drill nonstop would matter?