Tube Tips

Discussion in 'Barrett Lake' started by STiCKY, Apr 26, 2014.

1. STiCKY

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Boat:
    Tube
    Don't beach your tube and leave food in the pockets, squirrels will chew through your tube cover. My dad found out the hard way a few years ago. He was however able to get it repaired at a shoe store. They just sewed in some new zippers and new Velcro straps for rod storage. $.02 Though this happened at Barrett, its possible anywhere in the county and beyond. The cost of repair was really cheap surprisingly.

Also when you beach your tube, I always carry some carabiners and/or parachute cord.
    A leash or at least carabiner latched to a tree, rock etc... will keep your tube from floating away. When the winds are up and waves are hitting the banks from boats going by, the wind and waves can and will take your tube right off the bank.

Should be a good season. Just wanted too share a few tips from past trips.
    I'm also gonna post this in the tube section.

2. STiCKY

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Boat:
    Tube
    Oh yeah and don't forget the TP!!!! Charmin ultra soft makes for a nice day!