Unemployment. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Urklehaze, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urklehaze

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +807
    My work was able to give me a full paycheck when this all started. Since I work for a large nonprofit that depends on thousands of guests a day, they will not be opening anytime soon. They just notified us to start unemployment.
    Has anyone already gone through unemployment? Any tips to making the process easier.
    I filed for disability for a short period of time a few years ago. It was terrible.

2. 5spot

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,221
    EDD online lickety split.....still is a gap of about a month before first supplemental income comes in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,249
    I only filed once in my life years ago and it was not too hard from what I remember. I am trying to remember if I did it online and I believe I did. My work has been paying us which has been pretty amazing, but found out today they cannot continue, but will cover our medical for a while which is very nice. I will have to look into using my PTO I have to get paid or filing for unemployment. With so many out of work...it may be a challenge but hopefully everything will run smooth for you(....and hopefully me also).
    Good luck to you

#3 VinnyBass, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. Urklehaze

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +807
    Thanks. I will still be keeping benefits as well. They are furloughing people starting with seasonal and part time. I Am also using PTO to fill the next paycheck. After that ill be out though.

5. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,991
    I've heard from some friends whose significant others have had to file that its been pretty time consuming since so many people are filing pretty much all at once. Beyond that, its just really waiting out until the first checks come through otherwise.

6. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,341
    I got furloughed from my job on the 19th of March. After waiting two weeks, things didn't look like they were going to turn around so I got on-line and applied for unemployment. They even have a box for covid-19 to click as a reason for applying. And the backlog is great, so probably, as others have mentioned, about a month before seeing a check. On a brighter note, I got my stimulus check already.

7. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,353
    Name:
    Kyle
    I am sorry to everyone impacted by this, hope we get back up and running soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List