US woman’s soccer team gets smoked.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishindad, Jul 24, 2021.

1. fishindad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,135
    Humiliated by Sweden 3-0 serves them right. Crickets in the liberal media

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    they all stood for the anthem for the next game ... karma

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,403
    "We got our azzes kicked, didn't we. Just a little tight, just a little nervous," U.S. star Megan Rapinoe told NPR after the game.

No. Just a little too cocky and a taste too arrogant.

rap.jpg

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,365
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    They just need a few gender benders on the team!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. 5spot

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I actually see that happening at future Olympics to be more competitive.

6. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,102
    Name:
    Larry M
    Didn’t they snub Trump when he invited them to the White House?
    Biden should invite them to the White House along with that other loser hammer thrower.
    The soccer players are just a bunch of (the wall that holds the water back in Holland) losers.

7. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,202
    The USA women have been kicking azz for many years. Rest of the world is stepping up their game. A little humility pill in the first round loss may be just what they needed. Isn't over yet.

An Italian friend of mine said for the hard core soccer fans the olympics is nothing World Cup is what matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    soccer is nothing

going to penalty kicks to end a tie? WTF ?

thats like baseball going to a HR derby to determine a tie or football going to kick field goals to determine a tie or golf going to a putt off or....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,403
    Yep. Same crowd. Rapinoe became famous overnight with her White House declination. Plus, all that disrespect to the USA and our flag bagged her a huge national position on Team F America.

No surprise if Rapinoe and company have already secured an hour or so to sit down with Joe and talk about the things he can do for them and their causes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,403
  11. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,475
    Golf? Baseball? ('murkin) Football? Soccer requires actual fitness, not just coordination. Granted, the men's game has deteriorated into pussies taking dives and faking injuries....but soccer involves playing 45 minute halves with limited substitutions, and constant running. 75 year old women can shoot a mean game of golf. A baseball game packs 3 minutes of physical activity into two hours. Football? You're kidding, right? A typical play last 10 seconds, then you walk back to your side of the ball, stand around talking with your teammates, then walk back to your position and wait while the quarterback watches the clock count down to the last second, then the ball is hiked. Players get swapped out every down. Then when you lose possession, a whole 'nother team takes the field and you get to sit down, scratch your nuts, hide a sharpie in your sock, drink some gatorade, stand in front of a fan. Hell, I expend more energy kicking around a float tube all day.

All of these require tremendous skills and physical fitness when played at a high level, but they're all played at a very leisurely pace, with more resting than actual action. Granted, soccer's a snooze to watch (most of the time), but after 90 minutes of continuous play, players are worn out, and the game gets sloppier and slower. Sudden death? There's nothing sudden about soccer, but it is a grind and nobody would want to watch (or play) if they just kept going until someone scores.

All that being said, the US women's Olympic soccer team lost because God is punishing them because some of them are lesbian. It's true. You could look it up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

and they keep whining about how they want equal pay ? does womens sports bring in equal income? nope...not even close

who even cares about womens sports ? and if the mens sports keep going "woke", pretty soon NO will care bout mens sports

#12 hookemdano, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  13. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    oh give me a frickin break...I was watching lil kids playing soccer at the park this morn..they can run around for hours

it IS stupid to end a game that way...STUPID !!! I dont care if you can float tube all day...I have NO idea what yer lil rant had to do with my points...fitness has nothing to do with ending a soccer game with penalty kicks...finish the damn game

as John Kruk once said...I aint no athlete, I play baseball

#13 hookemdano, Jul 25, 2021
  14. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,202
    Ending a tie game with penalty kicks is an anticlimatic finish.

How about this Danno? Put 3 players from each team on both sides of the pitch vs the goalie. Dual half pitch games. First side to score wins, .

#14 spideyjg, Jul 25, 2021
  15. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,102
    Name:
    Larry M
    Grandson plays rugby, nothing but running and they get to tackle the other guy.
    Did I mention that they don’t wear pads or helmets?

16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,403
    Women's sports (what constitutes a "woman" in women's sports now - an entirely different conversation) don't get anywhere near the interest and viewing audiences that men's sports command. And if retail companies (shoes/Nike, cars/Ford etc, credit cards/VISA, etc) are going to pay top dollar for aired advertisements, those companies are going to demand large audiences - otherwise its just a waste.

I love/prefer watching a good single A-baseball game over professional.. but we all know that professional level baseball is where the names are and the money is. That's why single A players work for minimums and are salivating to get to the show - because the pro level players get contracts with top pay and world attention. So should women get equal pay? Sure - if women's sports start drawing the same level of attention and audiences that full professional men's sports enjoy, then why not? Maybe if the audience proves big enough the owners will pony up with great contracts and great money for them. But I wont be buying two seats to watch pro-level women's real baseball anytime soon. And I dont think they can get away with humiliating people or forcing/threatening people into attending their events.

The "woke" stuff (sigh) is doing nothing to help their cause. Taking knees, turning their backs, disrespecting the USA by denying her flag and conveying messages that they'd be happier living somewhere else in the world seals the deal for any athlete using the market for their five minutes of airtime. I'd even be willing to wager that (most) people are sick of hearing and seeing it. But I dont think you'll get many of those people to publicly admit that for fear of physical retaliation, workplace condemnation and public humiliation, etc.

17. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

and how bout the nfl...I hear they are going to play the black national anthem before ALL their games...

I thought the USA NATIONAL anthem covered black Americans also ?

will the Asians get an anthem played ? Native Americans ? Latinos? WHAT ? only blacks get a "special " anthem before All GAMES ?

A national anthem for only one race of people sure sounds insulting, offensive and racist to me.

A recent NFL TV ad campaign reported: "The NFL is gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender." So, where are their national anthems before games?

Soooooooo the million dollar question.....

By the way, here's another controversy the NFL just created. I'll bet the NFL never thought of this one. How will black players feel when white fans who are angry, offended and insulted by this racist decision respond to the "Black National Anthem" by KNEELING?

Hey NFL, Why Not Start Games with the Jewish National Anthem?

18. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    or how bout the cleveland indians ? the woke crowd got em to change their name to the genders...gonads...gutless...or was it guardians

19. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,835
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    well...that IS better than going to the homerun derby...but...I say...let em keep playin...and most true soccer fans would agree...cuz that means more pub time

20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,403
    This is going to be "wait and see." But at some point, something has to give. Just how far can you force your ways on people that don't want your ways? I'm wondering when those on the Right are finally going to rise up in a manner similar to that of the Left. Then again, the respect/level-headedness of the Left and Right differ GREATLY. I cant really see the Right behaving anything like the animals of the Left. Who knows. If pushed to the edge? Maybe.