Vail Lake???

Discussion in 'Bass' started by hookMeasy, Sep 14, 2017.

1. hookMeasy

hookMeasy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55
    I haven't heard any new info about Vail in a long time. How's the lakes water levels these days? Any idea if they will be re opening?

2. Chknlyps2

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +923
    Name:
    Robbie
    I live in the mountains above it and go by there a couple times a week, you can't get a great look at it from the highway but from what I can see it is way higher than it was this time last year.

Fishbreath stated in a post a while back that Rancho Water was either looking into getting bids or getting bids to have someone manage the lake.

3. Fishbreath

Fishbreath Fishing tales told here....some true.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,546
    The water district issued a Request for Qualifications in late June for the lease and development of the lake for recreation. That looks like a long-term approach that at my age I will probably never get to use. I don't know whether there are any short-term plans in the works. The campground is still operating, so hopefully the same company could operate the lake if the water district chose to reopen pending development. The frustrating thing is that the lake is four feet higher now than it was when I last launched, so it is not a matter of launch access. Unfortunately, they had already made the decision to close the lake before the big rains came last winter.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Fishbreath

Fishbreath Fishing tales told here....some true.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,546
    You got my hopes up there, but if you look at the date on the update you quoted from the lake's web page, you will see that it was posted over a year ago before the lake closed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List