[VIDEO] 100 Spotted Bay Bass

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by RomanCastro, Apr 17, 2019.

1. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,512
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    It took me from 0630-1030 for 36 in Glorietta bay but my mentors have already reached 50 in 4-5 hour sessions in the float tube. Heading out tomorrow Spanish landing best day, there so far is I think 16-20. have broke 50 on spinning tackle many times. even one time with Ed Ries an old timer that new the bay, Ed used a cribbage board to keep count and would move a peg each fish, have had 100 fish days on my boat with 2 of us fishing but never one and we were fishing multiple rods

2. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +959
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    Roman, I can still remember you asking all kinds of questions on a couple of fish sites you were just getting into fishing!!! You had that beautiful subie in your driveway. Now look at you!! Man you are a true hero just for attempting it!! AND YOU DID IT!! Your energy level is off the charts. SO IMPRESSED. Heck the video editing alone is a task. Gotta love the durability of the zman products. My hats off to you!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,681
    I miss Ed! It’s because of him I call spotties “grumps” ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. RomanCastro

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,235
    Name:
    Roman Castro Vlogs
    captwoody Good luck tomorrow That's a good zone. Ed sounds like a cool dude. The cribbage board is classic. I can just imagine him grabbing something to keep count on the way out of the house. I'll be on the look out for your report. Get em!

tsugg thank you sir! I really appreciate your comment and kudos. I enjoy the learning process and sharing it; even if I got a little flack at first. I knew what I was doing would help/motivate folks down the road. I'm also happy that I can go back and see where I started. LoL I still appreciate every single bite. I remember the vid where I fished MB from shore for the whole damn day and caught 1 single spotty. I was over the moon.
    Now I get to share this with my boys and in a way with my grand kids and beyond. I'll be helping folks catch spotties long after I'm gone.
    Anyway it's a beautiful thought like that that keeps my enthusiasm and energy level high. Thanks again for your comment!

5. RomanCastro

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,235
    Name:
    Roman Castro Vlogs
    Hi guys, I just added the breakdown video to the fist post for the guys that had questions. Hit me up if you have any other questions.
    Thank you all!

6. RolloTomasi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,192
    Boat:
    Nice tube cheap yak
    One every 4.8 minutes... same as the rate of ibuprofen I’d have to take after that long a session. Props to you.

Speaking of backs, your video on the kayak wheels hack is saving mine. My only change was replacing the bungee hooks with mini-carabiners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RomanCastro

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,235
    Name:
    Roman Castro Vlogs
    Thanks Rollo! It is super exciting to hear that vid is out there helping folks. Thanks for letting me know. Also great idea on the mini carabiner. I’m going to look for some and try it.

Thanks again