Waukesha Christmas parade suspect: I'm being treated like a 'monster'

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VinnyBass, Dec 2, 2021.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,840
    Who doesn't think this guy is not a monster?........I hope he rots in prison!
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.28.38 AM.png

MILWAUKEE — In his first jailhouse interview since being taken into custody, Darrell Brooks Jr. said he believes he is being "demonized" and treated like a "monster" after police say he mowed down at least 60 people, killing six, during the Waukesha Christmas parade last month.

Brooks spoke to Fox News briefly Wednesday. The media outlet refers to Brooks as "soft-spoken." Brooks did not provide any more details about a motive.

"I just feel like I'm being monster — demonized," Brooks told Fox News, adding that he feels he's been "dehumanized."

"Brooks appeared calm, lucid and took time to answer each question — even repeating reporters' questions and answers at times," wrote Michael Ruiz and Stephanie Pagones.

The two Fox News reporters were the first visitors Brooks received. He has not received a visit from family members. Brooks' mother Dawn Woods released a statement earlier Wednesday to numerous media outlets criticizing the criminal justice system for failing Brooks.

“Mental illness is real and the system is broken it can and must be fixed NOW, not next year or with a new legislation NOW. So many like Darrell that have fallen through the cracks because of a broken system that no one cared to address, can get the help they so desperately need,” Woods wrote in the letter, first obtained by WDJT-TV.

Brooks said he was "very" close with his mother. He hasn't spoken to any family since the parade attack but they talked earlier that day, he said.

Following the interview, reporters describe the sound of sobbing through the speakers.

Prosecutors have charged Brooks with six counts of first-degree intentional homicide. He is being held on $5 million cash bail and faces up to life in prison if convicted on any of the counts.

Waukesha Christmas parade suspect: I'm being treated like a 'monster'

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +60,776
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    What a surprise.. totally shocking...

3. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    ohhhhhh sure...play the F-in victim

he should die a slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow extremely painful death

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    WHY isnt he being called a terrorist by the msm, like they did to Kyle ? WHY ?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you KNOW the answer

capture.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Bassnbeans

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,499
    But the slower, the more it costs us. I barely have enough to buy the kids Christmas presents. I can’t afford a long drawn out deal for this sicko.

6. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpg

7. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpg

8. MySanDiego

MySanDiego Active Member

Ratings:
    +165
    Six rifle rounds at, call it a buck-a-round, six bucks. I can afford that.
    He was winessed doing it, he's definitely guilty, K.I.S.S. and take out the trash.

9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    Just another entitled POS that given his successful legal history, may be able to worm his way out of it. Legally though, nothing is out of the question. Rittenhouse being freshly exonerated may have some influence over the DA's office - if they are liberal. If he gets convicted, expect a huge backlash from the black community. I wonder if Jusse Smollet will be in attendance?

10. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,840
    No freaking way this guy is walking Creek.

11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674

I'd like to think that, I really would. But you have to consider the DA's office there that continued to set him free felony after felony. Are they stupid or simply scared? Just because its seems clear to us doesnt mean there won't be an excuse card or two played along with the not guilty plea. Alot of people saw the Rittenhouse matter as a total injustice - even though his self defense case seemed clear to lucid and rational people. How better to right the ship than to give this Brooks POS a pass? I really hate saying things like that because it sounds so damm fatalist.. but it is what it is. Its 2021, Biden, Psaki, Harris, AOC and Pelosi are all President rolled into one.. and things arent looking all that hot right now seeing as everything gets tied to racism. Its the perfect excuse - always has been - for everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    oj walked

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  13. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,840
    That was so crazy. That brings back lots of memories when I worked at the newspaper. Myself and hundreds gathered in the Union-Tribune newsroom in suspense to watch the verdict. You could almost hear a pin drop afterwards. It was really hard to believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    still is

15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    I suppose it just depends whats going on elsewhere in the US at the moment. The Cuomo Clowns are both feeling the pinch (surprised it took this long). There's a new drug in town 10x more powerful then Fentanyl. Organized looting is the newest craze. Rittenhouse was cleared by a jury. Within seconds of Kyle's exoneration, people were threatening the jurors (and the judge along with the defense team). There was less rioting than I thought, for sure. ASU is boiling with need to do a little rioting over Kyle. All I saw was a bunch of 21 year-old treehuggers with beards and man-buns holding poorly written signs and screaming in tongues I didnt understand - not even sure if they understand what they're screaming about. Is ASU just building up pressure? I dont know.

Brooks may be be a tit-for-tat case. In other words, "Hey crackers, your guy walked. So in fairness, our guy should walk too." Has CNN or MSCRT said anything like that yet? I dont know. I cant see it happening like that. But in light of how things are now, nothing would surprise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,840
    That brings up something funny that also happened when the verdict to the OJ trial happened. Working at the UT for 28 years, I knew lots of people and had lots of fun kidding around with so many of them. Anyway....when I was leaving the newsroom, Floyd (yes that is he real name)who worked in the production building was in the doorway. He said to me...."hey Vinny...how come nobody looks happy?" "Heck the brothers in the Detroit newsrooms are probably jumping up and down with joy!" The fact that Floyd was black and since we joked around with each other constantly, I told him "hey Floyd...this is the Union-Tribune" and we both laughed...yet it still felt pretty odd.
    Anyway....I can tell you that most everyone was pretty shocked that day on Oct. 3, 1995 Crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurKd569xRw

#16 VinnyBass, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  17. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    So many things are going on right now its almost unreal. Just saw on my phone that the parents of the school shooting kid in Michigan are MIA. Marshals office and FBI said they're just up and gone. So let the manhunt for them begin. Reminds me of the Brian Laundry/Gabby Petito murder/suicide. He goes MIA and is then found dead.

Right about now, you'd think the sane, rational people in this country have to be asking themselves two things; One, is this the way the world is going to be from now on? And two, how did we get here in the first place? Sad to say, but this is what a lot of people wanted - the rioting, the looting, police limitations and defunding, the insane racism, the lawlessness, the complaining about everything, the Covid mandates that are killing people's careers and sometimes them as well, CA and their "no bail" status allowing bad guys to go free and re-commit, the overall economic and mental instability, etc The list goes on.. It all gets piled on top of the massive mound of shyt that already exists. Makes me feel lucky that I'm the age I am now because I cant imagine being in my teens, twenties or thirties and having to negotiate this new world for the rest of my young life.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,740
    A couple dozen people were watching the verdict on the monitors in the newsroom at the radio station where I worked.
    It wasn't quiet. One woman from the sales department whooped and hollered. She was a big football fan...college and NFL. Apparently she idolized him.
    Kind of surreal. Every head in the room slowly turned toward her.
    It was an epiphany for me. Realized that some fully grown-*** adults can ignore all the evidence in the world if they don't feel like believing something.
    Sort of foreshadowing what is encountered on a daily basis in Lounge discussions of politics or Covid.