What if...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, Feb 19, 2018.

?

If it was highly likely that your home would be burglarized, would you:

1. Call for stricter gun control?

3.6%
  2. Lobby for criminals to give up their guns?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bolster you home's security?

28.6%
  4. Arm yourself?

67.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    So if I switch out a wood stock to a scary shade of black one and maybe put on a different grip, it's suddenly more dangerous? Am I missing something?

I really genuinely hope you guys know the original intent of the 2nd Ammendment was. No, it wasn't to prevent break ins, it wasn't for self defense, it wasn't for hunting, it wasn't for shooting clay pigeons. The founding fathers put forth 2A because the people need some way to resist a tyrannical government. There's plenty of times in recent history where an armed populus could have prevented serious tradgedy related to abuse of power. From the American Revolution, to fascist control of Europe, to the rise of communism in Russia, China, and other countries throughout the world. Mao, Hitler, Mussolini, Quaddafi, Stalin, Pol Pot, Castro, both Kim Jongs, etc. all used a disarmed public to their advantage and they would have had much less leverage and success if their people were able to fight back. I sure would rather have something in the realm of what Medicated Fisherman is talking about than try to defend myself with the .22 I use to shoot roof rats out of my trees.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Then what is your issue exactly? I'm just trying to understand what you're saying and am too lazy to attempt to read between the lines.

3. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,237
    Name:
    Kyle
    Hi Friends,

The intent of the 2nd amendment was to arm ourselves against a tyranical government and/or foreign invader, yes I do understand the original intent of the 2nd amendment. In modern terms this argument is not feasible, the militaries are better armed with more then just one shot muskets... Carterantebi - you are telling me German public could've resisted the wehrmacht with all of training, tanks, k98s, etc??? The 2nd amendment is dated and has no place in modern society.

The reason certain variants of firearms should not be in the arms of the general public is the ease in which they are used to commit mass murder. For example, I took my 16 (at the time) year old niece shooting once, and with 2 minutes taught her how to load and fire an AK-47 with decent accuracy to 50 yards, thats enough to kill a lot of people. Before I moved to California, I used to collect milsurps, I had a K31 that was extremely accurate, in fact I have seen youtube videos of it being utilized to hit a target to a mile. It was heavy and took only a limited rounds so much hard to commit an atrociity such as the one that just happened. Guns for hunting do not need to be as lightweight nor need to have magazines for 15 rounds (yes I know its fun for groundhogs that we shoot up north on the prairie). Any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy a "scary" rifle and take that rifle to kill a bunch a people with no training and a 5 minute youtube video..

Finally, the gun community is a dying community. Just look around next time you go to a gun show.. I believe that eventually the public will get sick of all these deaths and eventually we will turn into a Europe-like environment if we are not willing to bend a little..

Yes, robbiesmith25 you are right, your children are more important then the outdated 2nd amendment or the enjoyment of a few to fire these rifles...

4. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    If your childrens lifes are more important then the freedoms that blood has been shed to ensure, you should take your kids and leave.

5. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Where in the constitution does it say "The right to be educated shall infringe on the right to bear arms?" SMH.

6. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Point is nothing proposed would stop him from owning a true weapon of war. AN AT 15 is not a weapon of war.

7. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Stop with the B.S. and tell me what constitutional amendment over rides the second? Stop whining about the disagrees and present facts.

8. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    It means if you are scared of the freedoms ensures within the founding documents you should take your family and move to a country that does not have a second amendment.

9. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,237
    Name:
    Kyle
    Dang thats cold... robbiesmith25- may as well join us liberals now :)

10. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Not a Nazi at all. In fact the Nazis disarmed the population before exterminating them, the only group of jews that refused to disarm kept the Nazis from exterminating them. Again the freedoms that America affords are not for the weak hearted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    The truth is cold. America is not for the weak hearted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Many men let there children die for the second amendment and all the other amendments. You are entitled to your opinion but far better men made the ultimate sacrifice. Willingly.

13. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    So because an AR15 is likely the most popular rifle out there because of all the personalizing you can do, it's more deadly? All of the above events could have just as easily occurred using many other firearms out there, probably more effectively too.

14. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Which of the following is "more deadly"?
    image.jpeg

15. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    No I did not but have lost family and friends and they all were advocates of the second. My uncle was a CIA operative captured and tourchered during the cold war. He convinced the USSR that he was a tourist there to see the wall. He would be sick watching Americans advocate for self disarmerment, he said that would be the beginning to the end.

16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    It cracks me up watching these tools refer to an AR 15 as a automatic or weapon of war.

17. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Yea except I am not advocating against the constitution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    The funniest part is that you rarely ever hear anything about guns actually used in the military, all the fuss is always about a regular old semiautomatic rifle designed for civilian use that's modified by hobbyists to look more intimidating.

19. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,945
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    I know you know about guns, but you talk/write as if you don't.

20. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,822
    Thanks for your service but Benedict Arnold served a useful purpose at one time. Your service is no excuse for your willingness to violate the second amendment. As far as service. If the second is illegally infringed I will give my life defending it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.