Where are all the Bass fishermen?

Discussion in 'Bass' started by VinnyBass, Jun 11, 2022.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    Geez, I just have to ask....."Where are all you bass fishermen?" So nobody besides the guys
    fishing Barrett are bass fishing?(thank you by the way). It is fun to see the reports from Barrett
    but you cannot tell me nobody fishes other lakes for bass? Why are you not posting anything?
    I understand nobody likes to post catching only one or a couple bass, but it at least gives a variety
    and new life to the readers of this fishing site. It seems like some of you only post if you
    have an amazing day or should we all assume you are not fishing for weeks or months at
    a time. Come on man....take a few minutes and post something.
    I used to see lots of names(you know who you are), but this Bass Fishing Report area
    and especially in the Freshwater Reports should have something more than just a handful
    of guys posting which I am one of them. It gets boring seeing the same old names (my name included)
    and if you are part of this fishing site, odds are you are a fisherman and obvious go fishing.
    When I post a bass fishing report in the Freshwater Reports area from my trips at Murray,
    I know at times it gets boring to many of you, but at least I am posting.
    That is why we need others like you guys reading this to start posting again
    or if you haven't posted maybe put something in from any lake, river or pond. I always
    enjoy reading new posts and odds are many of you out there would like to see more of them
    too.
    OK...I have said enough and this post should not be taken that it was written in an angry
    tone. I just wanted to express my feeling to help liven up a few things to make it
    a little more entertaining and fun to check out not only the Freshwater and Bass Specialized
    areas, but all areas where you fishermen can contribute your fishing experiences.
    Peace.....out...and of course tight lines to all. :)
    Vinny

#1 VinnyBass, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  2. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,335
    when i get out on the freshwater ill post a report... but it will be from florida.

3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    Thank you.....lots of bass(and other species) in Florida. Lots of Florida bass out here too ha ha. Tight lines Bass Kid :)

4. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,566
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I think there's a paranoia that if you post a story, your lake will get over run! Most of the larger lakes get over run on the weekends because of tournaments, not because of someone posting a story!! Most fisherman are lazy, or can't afford the gas to drive to another lake, they'd rather fish their home lake! Even if your lake gets crowded, people will stop going because of that. I remember Otay back in the 70s, took you 2 hours to launch, that didn't last long! So, post your stories...Vinny and I won't come take over your lake, at least on the weekend..ha!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,860
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Wait, there are other lakes???:emoji_astonished:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,566
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    Sure......I think the next closest to you is Havasu...but it's a refreshing 114 out there today! Been there, done that..too much, fried my brains!!! Go ahead Vinny... what brains!!! Ha

7. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,884
    Boat:
    It floats
    Been fishing Loveland mostly due to cost of gas, close by etc. lake gets really hit hard and is unregulated. I just don’t like to post when it’s going off because it gets hit hard and is already not much of a lake to
    Fish

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    Thanks camobass. I do understand.

What about you other guys.......somebody must be bass fishing at one of the other lakes, San Diego River or secret pond etc.....are you catching any?(hoping somebody will answer or post something...ha ha).

#8 VinnyBass, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  9. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,884
    Boat:
    It floats
    Here’s a little Loveland candy from a few months ago
    9E0CABF1-6F58-4A90-9E6E-CD2EA51EF4D9.jpeg B3D918AA-6EDD-4D04-BB0D-9629E42637E4.jpeg D800C349-365E-492F-9764-CE022463CA69.jpeg E753E712-4D7A-4B6D-891F-29CD66ECE4BE.jpeg B9D88B50-0C3A-4834-AE8F-C96A81FE1FFE.jpeg 0B3BFA5E-E59E-4213-8AC0-4F1895C871B4.jpeg

10. Easy619

Easy619 Tug Addict
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,294
    Name:
    Eric
    It's like that all over the board, bass, surf, bay, offshore. Many seldom posters and a number of guys who keep it going.
    I find the Facebook groups ect have many more members and posts, yet are more deluded. More rookies and kook advice, active but a **** show at the same time lol. We all started somewhere so no hating there, but I find this site to be less active but has more fish killers and good advice/observations/reports.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Catchalot

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +785
    Boat:
    Catchalot
    I fish Bass, but the salty kind! E84E6743-076D-4452-AEC5-1504646CD77E.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    My girlfriend said I should start a fishing site, but I am old and have no clue how to do that...ha ha
    Imagine me rambling on each day on the home page...(honestly.....I would not do that!)..but maybe in the fish reports ha ha. It would be nice if someone took over this site and kept it current.
    She said I should start a facebook account(which I do not have) and post fishing things on there. Even she knows that SDFish is basically a dead fishing site that the forum is one of the only things where you can post stuff and sometimes get updated info on things. I guess I opened up a can of worms posting this......Anyway...thanks for the comments and tight lines to ya always. :)

13. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    Very Nice!!!!!!! Thank you

14. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,591
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,884
    Boat:
    It floats
    I fish Murray usually November-Jan
    7A460E00-5315-40DD-8D49-7B72D69CC795.jpeg

16. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,566
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I've been on the local Facebook pages...a little too much hero worshipping for me, very little facts or advice going on there! Nobody really wants to give up their lakes or baits or depth the fish are, too afraid of losing some tournament cash I guess! If you want to know where or what we're throwing here..just ask! I've always considered SDfish to be more of a place where you can actually learn something! If you don't like seeing your lake in the fish reports, why are you reading fish reports...you just want to see other peoples lakes...hmmm!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,884
    Boat:
    It floats
    Guilty

18. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +62,637
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    If I bothered, I would. I appreciate your reports though. Been slugging it out with my mental health issues lately so I have not been fishing as much. Don't have a passion for fishing MB, grass has been nasty at the beach when I've had a chance at a session. One lobster and a handful of drinks is all I've had to show for my last couple efforts...

19. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,884
    Boat:
    It floats
    Praying for ya brother

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  20. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP