Who is Bank-rolling the "caravan"?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncinitasWomp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +528

Invasion - an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.

Incursion - ...storming of, overrunning of, advance on/into, push into, thrust into...

The caravan isn't currently invading, but if left to their own devices, their actions will fit the definition.

I don't care if the caravan is from a sh*t hole third world Central American country or is full of 18 - 21 year old Swedish bikini models. Who are they to demand to be let into the country? Private property/ no trespassing.
    If you want to hunt/ fish on someone's property do you and a bunch of friends just show up and demand to be let in? I don't think so. It's not about a boogie man. Follow the rules; whats the big deal???

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Name:
    Kenny
    The big deal is that the Left/Right folks are seeing two different scenarios.
    Left sees 4,000 refugees who should be let in for asylum.
    Right sees 14,000 migrants who will hop the border because they want jobs and benefits.
    Edit: I guess my point is that these scenarios require different rules, so it's not as simple as just follow the rules.

#122 kciuchta, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +678
    Both valid points and worth the discussion.
    And thanks EncinitasWomp for providing definitions for the words invasion and incursion. Always helpful to start with literal definitions.

4. Rxwoman

Rxwoman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    Ok. So these folks who are several hundred miles away and traveling on foot do not fit your quoted definition of an invasion, until if and when any of them get here and manage to cross a border.
    So if they follow the rules you're ok with that?
    Because US law says they have the right to present themselves at a port of entry and ask for asylum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,317
    Here's another angle: Ami Horowitz - Ami Horowitz: The Truth Behind the Caravan

6. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,342
    So..
    After seeing what was really happening with the caravan.. what was really being planned.. after seeing the massive ground assistance groups helping the migrants reach the border in record time.. after watching the planned media circus provoke the migrants to rush.. after seeing the protest on the US side that aided the eventual border rush by creating a temporary diversion.. after watching the rocks and glass get hurled at agents and military..after watching the non-lethal gas be deployed.. after the subsequent federal criminal arrests on both sides.. after the female migrant that gored and killed herself after falling off the fence onto some rebar..and after the all-important Dems at the top were interviewed and shrugged their shoulders claiming the caravan as a whole was Trump's fault... and after watching the entire frenzy on national news, what do you think now?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,709
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    I think the same as I always have none of this has changed anything I feel/think in any way at all. There are a bunch of chachalacas in charge of this world. They are in charge simply due to their willing/eager-ness to exploit human nature: laziness, fear and stupidity being prime in this. Until the willingness and desire to be herded off the cliff like a herd of buffalo gets overridden by our collective desire to persist as a species, or the demands of the herders become greater than the herd can support, I don't see any significant means/desires of change...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Unfortunately you are correct. All this "asylum" pretenses are as fake as they can be. Mexico government already has offered to process any political asylum claim so there is absolutely no excuse to bypass this opportunity and proceed further North if the claim was indeed political. The international convention for refugees doesn't require asylum to be granted on the basis of economic reasons, rather the opposite - claiming economic reason for seeking asylum is considered sufficient for denial of the claim as lacking political motivation and in pursuit for economic benefits.
    Thus, Trump administration can very easily process all "asylum" seekers at the spot by asking this simple question at the border crossing - "If the reason for your claim is political, why didn't you accept the Mexican offer to process your claim?" There simply cannot be any justifiable reason to ignore this offer and all those economic migrants can be legally turned back into Mexico.
    Don't be fooled by the numbers - this is just a provocation to test the administration reaction. Millions are looking what will happen, ready to follow in the steps those few thousands if they see a chance to sneak through the border and enjoy much better life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Yeah, unfortunately times have changed.

I know people that are extremely mad that a serial rapist was released to a compound in east county. However, these same people seem to have no problem or absolutely zero knowledge of how many child molesters are living within a block of their home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,373
    Looked at the pin map for my area once. Grrrrr....

11. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +330
    If Mexico would in fact pay for a wall do you think the majority of Americans would be on board for adding a moat on our dime?

Moats seem to have gone out of fashion in the last 100 years. In my opinion a moat filled with crocodiles or made of quicksand or tar is far more intimidating than a wall. A wall just seems like a fun challenge. If you put a moat in front of a wall then it would be game over for me.

Anyone remember the old movie The Beastmaster? I think there was an epic moat scene in that movie. We could use a few of those weird bird people too that would digest your body when they wrapped you up in their wings.

For all the youngsters who have not seen The Beastmaster I highly recommend it.

The Beastmaster Trailer

12. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,373
    Looks now like they want the U.S. to bankroll their party back home. Demanding asylum or $50K a piece for them go away. That's pretty bold no matter how you look at it. Not a fan of these people.

upload_2018-12-11_12-31-50.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Boat:
    It floats
    Just saw that. Demanding 50k. Good thing HRC isn’t our president. She would give them the 50k then let them in. Guaranteed votes
    Absolute joke. Even more of a joke is the gringos marching with them to the consulate to help them with their demands.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,317
    Reminds me of another analogy....

You are given a bowl of M&Ms, say there are about 100 in the bowl. You are told that one or two of them, if eaten can kill you. How many are you willing to eat?

15. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Boat:
    It floats
    Hey mikecheck1212 you would eat the whole bowl, right?! Lol

16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,342
    The wall, the caravan, Pelosi, Schumer, Stormy, Avenatti, etc etc etc... just keeps getting better and better. I wonder how things are going with that Left wet dream of impeaching Trump for.. what's the flavor for today.. collusion? Pay-offs?:emoji_joy: No idea.. but I sure did love watching Trump put Pelosi and Schumer on the ground yesterday. You all wanted transparency... no better way to ensure that transparency than allowing the press to record EVERY meeting between Trump and those two clowns. Funny how Schumer wanted total border protection not that long ago. I wonder what flipped him 180 degrees. Oh... ya... democratic votes. Each one of those folks represents a democratic vote. Got it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,342
    Hey !! Robbie has returned !! How you doin' big guy? I love your new screen name.. "FDT." Nice !!

18. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Boat:
    It floats
    Zero eye contact while trump was looking at him the hole time. What a disrespectful joke

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,818
    Name:
    Larry M
    All Schumer had was that crap eating grin. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Boat:
    Montauk
    And despite all the moronic chanting at the rallies, look what’s happened… Lock HIM up!!

upload_2018-12-12_13-10-24.png

Enjoy your stay at Club Fed Mikey. Ahh -- the irony of it all. Who’s next???? The noose is tightening. Can’t wait for the perp walk. Oh, and -- so sorry -- I don’t think they allow hair spray in prison…

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List