why haven't i done this before

Discussion in 'Bass' started by basstard, May 3, 2018.

1. basstard

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Name:
    Ricky
    Boat:
    Fishing Waverunners
    To start off this is my first post. I enjoy reading others fish reports and stories so much I figured I had to participate. Im usually a salty angler but I just got my first float tube. Fish cat deluxe, the one with air cousins rather than the foam I hear about. I own fishing wave runner rigs, and kayaks and I think I've found something that I like just as much if not more.
    Hit the water behind the drive in, kicked around for a few hours. I threw spinners, chatter baits , floating rapala minos . even tried my best to mimic a small snake. caught one dink on a drop shot worm. and two other tugs that I either failed to set the hook or maybe just a weak attempt by the fish either way. I've got a lot to learn about fresh water bass fishing. I read others report about catching 8,10,12 bass in a day . I see the lures others use to produce with, just can't seem to connect like others do. I wanna catch crappie and trout as well but haven't seemed to get that going for me either.
    I enjoyed my float tube so much I don't care about the fish I did or didn't catch. I totally see the appeal for fly fishing on the tube. I don't go back to work til sometime mid July so I have all summer to fish unrestricted! This could turn into my primary way I chose to feed my fishing addiction .
    Sorry no photos to go along with report, as today was just getting familiar with my new friend who i should of known along time ago:emoji_metal:. any body that can find time to show me some new tricks I'm down and available almost on any day. as I'm not working because I got smushed on my motorcycle. also could be in the market for another used tube to add to my fishing arsenal :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish: tight lines

2. basstard

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Name:
    Ricky
    Boat:
    Fishing Waverunners

3. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    Nice, tubes are great. Harder to spook fish in a tube than in a boat, too. Just keep practicing and experimenting and observing - your numbers will go up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,445
    When you say "behind the Drive in" Are you refering to the Santee drive in? Have you ever fished behind there before? Can you catch anything decent sized in there, aside from maybe carp?

And welcome to the forums.

5. basstard

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Name:
    Ricky
    Boat:
    Fishing Waverunners
    there might not be much back there, I picked the spot closest to my house just to get my feet wet and familiar with my new tube. but yea Ive only seen really small fish caught there. probably try elcap or san v tomorrow

6. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    Miramar's a great tubing lake. You can get really close to the tules and the water's so clear you can look down and sight fish right below your feet.

7. basstard

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Name:
    Ricky
    Boat:
    Fishing Waverunners
    thanks, never been to miramar. sounds like the perfect spot to test out the new crank baits and stuff I just acquired