Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by RamonaAngler, May 28, 2020.

1. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,309
    Boat:
    Yes
  2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,288
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    There we go! Wasn't planning on Voting for Joel. May have to rethink that. I wonder where that Budget shortfall came from?
    Thanks for posting this Brett!

BTW, Kellen is the ghost of SDfish past!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,395
    Two thumbs up.

4. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    It's a bigger problem than just saying "make the city pay for this". He's calling for votes against his competition.
    Making them look bad , which is easy around this topic. O.K I won't go as far as saying this is just about his brand but it usually is and it's working. Sign his petition so he can get your email and spam you until the elections.

We need a full court press. This lakes management is not America's Finest City , this is fraud.

Give half the lakes to the County. Make public utilities share the burden. We already pay our share. Make a new public utilities deal. Rotten to the core. Time to give someone new a chance. Competition is good. The lakes recreational programs have to be made functional, not just hollering about paying for stuff. What's the plan Mr. Anderson? Are you willing to really challenge the abysmally failing status quo, or just trying to get elected?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. CrazyDonkey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Sounds like a political move and not because he cares but what ever works.

On a side not, why do the profits from selling water from the reservoirs not pay for staff and all that? Well I guess I know why but it seems that those profits should be used for staff and maintaining and all that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    They can't even keep the meters and meter covers in shape. They want more fat so they can do it better.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    The fish in the lakes belong to California residents and especially to licensed fishermen. The city mismanagement is
    derailing access. I think we should not be fined by the state of California for poaching at this time. Let the city charge us for trespassing, but the state is an oppressor if it fines us , especially as long as we violate no bag limits or other resource conservation laws.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    I am not only bloviating here. I have well supplied email folder collecting a paper trail and I am just getting started. Consider me practicing here and ignore me if you want. I may need to reach out to people who can fill me in on past history of the lakes.

There is no reason we can't at least have Ramona lake rules at these 6 closed lakes. Not good for boaters , but this all or nothing situation with threat of CIty and State punishment is way under representing to put it lightly.

I know these improvements take governments time even under good intentions and much better situtations, but this total shutdown is letting our leaders chosen to serve us, be way to complacent and lazy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +23,825
    Good one RamonaAngler ....but probably since it’s not actual fishing report maybe post things like this in General Fishing or in the Lounge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List