You have sacrificed nothing... shut up!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spideyjg, Nov 10, 2019.

1. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...rump-jr-all-his-familys-sacrifices-he-writes/

Sorry disabled vet rant. When Veterans day happens or you walk through any military cemetery much less the hallowed ground of Arlington, if you served you salute the fallen service members, if you never served you thank them for what they sacrificed so you have your freedoms.

Trump jr. Let me make it simple for you. "Losing business" does not even register on the scale compared to what our fallen soldiers lost.

If you can't say their sacrifice allowed me to have the life I do. STFU!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,570
    These people have no shame and don't know any better. Too bad we have to put up with individuals like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,977
    Name:
    Larry M
    spideyjg, I couldn't read the article because it wanted me to pay for it. But I did see the headline. That's not right.
    Thank you for your service, those who came back disabled have taken a step farther then the rest of us.

4. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    From the article...

"
    “I rarely get emotional, if ever,” Trump Jr. wrote in his new book, “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.” “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country.”

He also had another revelation as he watched his father standing in front of the tomb, surrounded by more than 400,000 graves, listening to the Army Band bugler playing taps: The Trump family had already suffered, he recalled thinking, and this was only the beginning.

In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were ‘profiting off the office,’”

Any challenges Trumps election caused for the Trump family doesn't rate compared to what the loss of a service member cost that family. This mook has no sense of service or sacrifice.

As the old saying goes," All gave some, some gave all" The Trumps have given nothing to hear them try and claim some sacrifice is blasphemy.

#4 spideyjg, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,559
    One thing is for sure.. MILITARY FIRST. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people out there (millenials for starters) that fail understand - or choose not to understand and acknowledge - that their very freedom is secured 24/7/365 by our (my) military. Failing to recognize their sacrifices is the biggest dishonor we can do to our military.

So, I haven't read this article at all. But I'll ask this.. Did Jr. actually verbally dishonor the military? Or is that just someone's molded interpretation of what he said? I suppose I'm coming from a place where Jr. might consider losing a billion dollars may very well be a sacrifice to a wealthy family like his.. but clearly we could never understand that because we're all ten-dollar players. So did Jr. blatantly call out the military and their families by saying that their physical/mental sacrifices could never compare to the (financial) sacrifices Jr's family has made?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,205
    To be fair, if Trump didn't have bone spurs, he would have been the greatest soldier ever. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

#6 Neuroshima, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,301
    I read the article, but wondered if the journalist took things out of context and strung them together to make his point. Without having read the book in question, I can't be sure about this, the way journalists report things these days. just sayin'....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  8. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    It was an excerpt from jrs book.

Could be out of context but st said he made plenty of sacrifices and built a big company.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,570
    I think it was Gen Matius who recently said something like "Trump earned his spurs in his doctor's office but I earned mine in combat." Great one liner. Semper Fi.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,559
    Okay. So, did he say HIS family's monetary sacrifices outweighed the sacrifices of our military and their families? Or is this just someone's continued bitterness and hostility toward the Trump family?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,559
    Something tells me Jr. knows what a sacrifice our military superheroes and their families are making (he's plainly not an idiot and it seems to strange to think anyone believes he is one) and certainly not going to publish a remark that makes him out to be better in some way or equal to our war heroes. And I can see where sacrifices would have to be made when building a dynasty.. but you and I both know that 99.999% or more of Americans will never have a clue what building a dynasty is like, so there's no way we can relate to or identify with Trump's business sacrifices, hardships and successes in the business world.. just like (for me) there's no way I could ever identify with the sacrifices made by our military superheroes because I've never been in their boots..

12. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,495
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    The concept of sacrifice is an interesting one.. tomorrow, I will call my two favorite veterans, both took part in that chain of events some simply call 'Nam... And thank them for their service.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, A COMPARISON BETWEEN ANY EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD AND ANY SORT OF MILITARY SERVICE.

Service takes many forms. Although we were paid, I always considered the sacrifices of the commercial fisherman, lost limbs, digits, lives.. some would say it is all in pursuit of a dollar, some would call it a calling. For me It wasn't about the cash, more about the adventure and seeing as much of this planets seedy nonsense as possible, either as the beast, or as the philosopher, depending on what era in my life it was.. saw my comerades cut to meat chunks by exploding fiberglass tensioners, a guy on another boat take a (near?) fatal hit in a face to face make out session with an overgrown mackerel, one guy get beat almost to death for a stupid mistake... Etc etc.. all so the world protein machine can carry on, and a few of the higher ups can make the millions.. sacrifice? Maybe debatable, service, certainly not so in my mind.. either way, I will be calling the two vets close to me and thanking them...

13. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,476
    keep your blinders on buddy

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,144
    Just imagine being at Arlington cemetery where the remains of 400,000 people from the United States and 11 other countries sacrificed their lives and Trump Jr. is so moved to actually think about a money sacrifice.......are you kidding me?
    Sorry.... but there is no way to put a positive swing on this no matter how some people try.
    In the eve of Veterans Day, God bless all of the Veterans who sacrificed their lives for our country and thank you to all active military personnel.

#14 VinnyBass, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • List
  15. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    You put it better than I did Vinny.

"Love of money is the root of all evil".

#15 spideyjg, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    Says the one that blindly follows along with whatever the liberal media tells him.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    Says the one that blindly follows along with whatever the right wing media tells him.

There is liberal media and conservative media, both are biased and have their own agenda. Somewhere between the two is reality.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,205
    For those of us who can't stand the MSM, regardless of their leanings, All Sides is a website that provides news across the political spectrum.

19. jus bigguns

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +786
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Darling, now i really hate him

20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,559
    I do believe visiting Arlington and writing a ten-page report on the experience should be mandatory for every person before they turn 21.. just so they know what its all about.