Your kid will catch a fish- guaranteed!

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle' started by carpkiller, May 5, 2008.

1. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,506
    EDIT: This limited-time offer good only on this coming SATURDAY, May 10, 2008. (Sorry for the omission.)

I'll be down at Mariner's Basin, pumping shrimp and fishing for a few hours.

If anyone wants to meet up at 9 a.m., I can show you everything you need to know about pumping shrimp and catching yellowfin croaker.

The croaker are there, and if you follow my instructions, fish for one hour, and DON'T catch a fish, I will pay you one dollar. Cash. That's right, folks, a fish GUARANTEE. Offer limited to the first fifty entries. You must PM or email me that you're gonna arrive there between 9 and 10 a.m. (I'll share my limited knowledge with you, but I'm not gonna pump shrimp for you!)

Bring spinning gear with 4 or 6 lb. test, some 1/2 to 1 ounce egg sinkers or bullet weights (whatever weight gives you the longest cast on your particular rod), swivels, and #6 Owner Mosquito hooks. Bring your shrimp pump. If you don't have one, I will loan one to you. Guarantee is void if you insist on using other tackle, or want to waste everyone's time with Gulp or squid or whatever.

Park at Mission Point (that's on the bayside opposite South Mission Beach) and walk up the shoreline. I will be fishing between the first and second storm drain outlet pipes (the rusty signposts sticking out of the shallow water mark the pipes). Look for the gray-haired guy, probably wearing a stupid-looking hat, and a red-and-yellow bait bucket on his belt.

CK

2. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    what day? I might be able to get out there with my lil brother. I really think this kid has a chance to make some money. LOL :laugh:

3. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,393
    DANG! CK that's a mighty genorous offer there. If work wasn't in the way I'd be all over it.

Attn Mods/admins: This post should be stickied.

4. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I’ll be there CK, and with the kids too. We haven’t been to a SDFISH get together since the batfest of 04. Looking back I can’t believe how much they have grown. Those were some good times and I’m sure this will be too.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    This is a great deal, I'd be there if we weren't going to be in the process of moving. Good luck to all those who head down.

6. Big Johnson

Big Johnson Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like fun and a great YFC guarantee!

I have taken my kids and friends fishing for the past few weekends to SD Bay. They have had a great time catching and releasing fish from the beach. The Yellow Fin Croaker love the Ghost Shrimp!

I would join you, but have LL Game and a Cub Scouts activity in the morning.

Good luck and let me know if you plan another get together for the kids.

Big J

7. pointlomadave

pointlomadave Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i will be there with my youngest sounds like fun

8. pointlomadave

Ratings:
    +0
    man i completely forgot i have a volunteer thing for a parade i have to do saturday. it's fitting that sunday is mother's day , because dad screwed up big time. ( kids pissed )
    have a good time , hope to make the next one

9. socalcustom

socalcustom Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dude think about what your doing, if you take kids fishing they will have fun.
    They will grow up with a love of fishing, and then they will lurk on this board stealing all our best spots.
    What will we do then?

Just kidding, I love seeing the next generation out there....

10. pointlomadave

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i don't feel bad enough already
    no i take him out as much as possible , i just hate to have told
    him we are going then have to bail, that was my bad by saying something,withought double checken. they never forget , can't remember what i had for lunch
    but he remembers everything i say.

11. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,506
    Eagle Eye posted a report over on the Bay Fishing board. It turned out to be kinda slow; a couple people mighta made a dollar each from my guarantee.

I had to stay alllldayyyyylooonnng to get a handful of species. The yellowfin croaker never showed up.

For once, I put plenty of sunscreen on..but it washed off my legs and I got toasted..in a bad way. Had to wear long pants surf-fishing on Sunday, to avoid further damage.

CK

12. Shyazn8boi

Shyazn8boi New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know some YFC spots.. Not in MB thought, Coronado though :side: