Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Park hours: 6:00 AM –5:00 PM (daily)
Dock closes: 4:00 PM (Boats called in @ 4 PM)
Last Plant: Wednesday December 3, 4,500 lbs.
Next Plant: Wednesday, December 10, 1,500 lbs.
Water Temperature: 68 degrees Water Level: High
The bite of 4,500 lbs. of Rainbow Tail Walkers through the weekend was consistent, and had anglers pulling limits each day. The most popular bait throughout the derby included night crawlers, Rainbow Power Bait, Thomas Buoyant lures, and crappie jigs of varying colors. Most trout were caught in Jack Creek Cove, Whisker Bay, Trout Cove, and on Pier 1.
Dixon Lake would like to extend their congratulations to the following winners for the 36th Annual Trout Derby.
- Grand Prize Winner: Sione Kuliha’apai with an 8.95 lb. trout.
- Adult category: Devin Harrington, 8.19 lbs.
- Senior category: Tom Kokjohn 3.15 lbs.
- Youth category: Kevin Van Linge with 3.24 lbs.
- Smallest Trout: Branden Sundelius with an impressively small .41 lb. trout.
- Daily Prize for December 5: Tom Dulan with 7.5 lbs. placing him in 1st, and Jake Barnett placing 2nd with 7.21 lbs.
- Daily Prize for December 6: Michael Denis Vampola with 3.64 lbs. placing him in 1st, and Shake Leshko placing 2nd with 3.08 lbs.
- Daily Prize for December 7: Travis Mishler with 3.61 lbs placing him in 1st, and Bobby Johnson placing 2nd with 3.38 lbs.
Winners of tagged fish went to Jake Guna, Hicem-mal Schmidt, Branden Miller, Robbie Wright, Josh Wood, Joseph Daly, Anthony Najera, Dan Estell, and Roman Quiroz.
Dixon Lake’s next stock is scheduled for Wednesday, December 10th with 1,500 lbs.