Bass: Bass are biting along the campground shoreline on plastic worms with red flakes.
Panfish: Anglers are landing panfish in Hermit Cove and Half Moon Cove with Wax Worms.
Catfish Opener will be May 26-28 with night fishing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 6 a.m. – midnight! 2,000 lbs. of catfish will be stocked for this event. A full- sized lantern is required after 8 p.m. Rental boats available on a first come, first served basis.
The lake will be open on Memorial Day from 6:00 a.m.– 7:30 p.m.
Night Fishing will be every Friday and Saturday night beginning Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day. A full-sized lantern is required after 8 p.m.
Tips and Tricks
- Best Trout Spots: Dam buoy line
- Best Trout Lures/Bait: Powerbait, nightcrawlers
- Best Bass Spots: Campground shoreline, Cactus Patch
- Best Bass Lures/Bait: Plastic worms
- Best Catfish Spots: Cloister Cove, Half Moon Cove
- Best Catfish Bait: Night crawlers
- Best Panfish Spot: Half Moon Cove
- Best Panfish Lures/Bait: Wax worms and nightcrawlers