If you are looking to catch a trophy fish at Lake Jennings, catfish is your best bet. The lake record is 71.3 pounds!
Many anglers reported catching trout this weekend! The water temperature is hovering around 72 degrees. Trout are being caught in 30-40 ft. depths along the Hermit Cove buoy line and casting off the T-dock.
Bass are hitting on Senkos with a Texas rig. Popular spots to fish for bass are off Sentry Point and in Half Moon Cove.
The bluegill bite is best during the middle of the day on nightcrawlers and meal worms off Sentry Point.
Catches of the Week
- Grant Schmidt reeled in many bluegill from Sentry Point— he even released some! He caught the fish off of nightcrawlers.
- Colin and Tammie fished the T-dock with mackerel and caught 7 catfish between the pair!
- Roger Stevens caught 2 trout from the T-dock with garlic night crawlers. The largest weighed 2.5 lbs.!
- Kevin Barry caught 2 trout in Hermit Cove with chartreuse Powerbait. The total weight was 3 lbs.
The lake will be open for boating, fishing, and family fun every day in July! Free private boat launch on Tuesdays in July (excluding July 4th)! Hours of Operation (July 1st– July 31st):
- Sunday-Thursday 6 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday 6 a.m. – midnight
- (619) 390-1623 Campground
- (619) 443-2510 Bait and Tackle Shop