Last Thursday’s night fishing event was well attended by Anglers and Catfish. Lakes 1 through 4 were open to fishing till 11: 30 pm; however lakes 3 and 4 proved to be the hot spots. Join us July 16th for the next night fishing event.
- Nathan Nguyen from Poway caught a 7 lb. 8 oz. Catfish out of lake 4 on mackerel.
- Mikey Saliphiu caught 3 Catfish out of lake 4 also on mackerel. Largest weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz.
- Andres Chavira reeled in a 3 lb. 7 oz. Catfish from lake 3 on mackerel and shrimp combo
- Jacob Robbins from Lakeside caught a 4 lb. 7 oz. Catfish out of lake 4 using shrimp.
- Steven Morris from San Marcos caught a 3 lb. 3 oz. Cat out of lake 4 on mackerel.
- Moises Vasquez reeled in a 2 lb. 9 oz. Catfish from lake 4 on mackerel.
- Travis Koopman caught a 2 lb. 6 oz. Catfish out of lake 3 on shrimp.
- Damien Espinola managed 2 Catfish out of lake 3 on stink bait.
- Tom Nadame reeled in a couple of 2 lb. Catfish from lake 4 on mackerel and stinkbait.
- Jorge Valenzuela caught a 2 lb. 2 oz. Catfish out of lake 3 on shrimp.
- Jeremiah Panhwanh caught a 1 lb. 13 oz. Catfish from lake 4 on mackerel.
BASS: Bob Serrano hauled in an impressive 12 lb. Bass from lake 5. This double digit largemouth was lured in with a live nightcrawler.
Night Fishing (registered campers only, lakes 6&7)
** No California State Fishing License required to fish at Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve.
Fishing Permit Fees
- Adult (ages 16 and over) $9.00 per day
- Junior (ages 7 to 15) $6.00 per day
- Second fishing pole stamp $4.00
- *One child under 7 may fish for free with a paid adult
NEXT STOCK (stock will arrive on or before date below)
June 26, 2015 – 1,000 lbs. of Catfish